Logic Audio Platinum 5

Rise

• CTW Members

Last year Emagic was taken over by Apple, this was a massive kick in the butt for us Logic users for eventually we would know that all updates would end. I myself use Logic Audio Platinum 5 which I updated to the latest version for Windows to version 5.5, I also use the EMI 2/6 Soundcard which also has the latest (last) drivers.

I recently had a look at the Emagic web site and there are now no files available for Windows only Macs.

So if anyone requires any of these updates please contact me via my web site and I will email you them on.

Thanks

Ryan Anthony

My Webpage

• CTW DJs

I had the same problem... i got hold of Logic 5.5, but am actually really wanting a Mac or a better PC as its been crashing a bit....

annoying!!

• CTW Members

new logic is absolutely horrible to use

if ur using pc cubase is leagues ahead of logic atm

plus its mac only which automatically means its shit

even my lecturer who has it himself and only uses it hates it now

I was going to post a gag about flagellation, necrophilia and bestiality but it's just flogging a dead horse.

• CTW Members

I have not experienced Logic crashing yet, thank god, I run it on Windows XP, but I read somewhere that its more stable on XP.

It probably also depends on how much you got going on at any one time, I rarely use the soft synths, so it’s a breeze for my pc, I bounce the sounds from my Korg into Logic, so in essence its only playing back wave files, I have had over 50 events happening at any one time with various FX/EQ plugs but still no crashes so far.

• CTW Members

No program should crash just because you're playing too many notes! You can expect clicks and pops, but not crashing.

Cubase SX is very stable these days, in fact I don't think it's crashed once in the last two years I've been using it. VST used to be a different story... baz.gif

• CTW Members
I had the same problem...  i got hold of Logic 5.5, but am actually really wanting a Mac or a better PC as its been crashing a bit....

annoying!!

147739[/snapback]

Cracked software?

• 3 weeks later...