its a girl

• CTW Moderators

i had my scan today and im expecting a girl.

although the sonographer said they cant be 100% certain she said she had a clear view and she is almost positive its a girl.

and they were never wrong with my boys :happydance:

• Love 1

🎧20,000 Hardcore members,  I say the future is ours🎧

Aww wow, you're having a girl ! You must be over the moon consifering you've had all boys so far. Think of all the frilly dresses and cute little sandals etc ;).

When I have children, I want a boy first, although I wouldn't be dissapointed if I had a girl, but I'm swaying more for a boy, to look after his sister. ;)

no didnt have to pay it was my normal 20 week scan

they can tell then although some hospitals and areas wont because of policy

im also being scanned every month due to illness

but yes im absolutely ecstatic thanks maria and jodie :thumbsup:

Edited by dani_babyboo

• CTW Members

ye every hospital charge 2 tell u sex it came out in bout jan 06 and was slowly gettin to every hospital, if she told you sex she shouldnt of really, our hospital was one of the last to charge in the uk never mind least u found out for free its on her neck lol... i got so excited havin a girl i went and bought loads of stuff half of it never been worn never mind x

no it goes by region it isnt statatory.

benefits of having a solicitor in the family they tell you what can and cant be done.

all the hospitals in essex and also warwickshire (ones i know for a fact) tell the sex if you want to know.

i also heard what you have about hospitals having to charge and asked my midwife then my aunt and was told they arent actually allowed to charge, only private scans i.e. the 4d scans and private hospitals offering more clearer detailed scans because if newer technology are allowed to charge

nhs however shouldnt. only for the pictures.

ah basically your general hospital dont tell the sex but offer you a 4d one that you can pay for.

they cant 100% tell the sex on a normal scan so they are not allowed to charge for it, the 4d scans do show everything 100% so therefore they can charge.

most hospitals still tell the sex very few wont, maybe due to mistakes in the past.

yes stu likes the name storm lauren but i think we have agreed on keira lauren so far. theres still another 20 weeks left to go so that could change.

• CTW Members

congrats dani :)

for me i'd like to wait til the little one was born to find out what sex it is!

and is that "Lauren" ur thinking of calling her?

thanx domo and goshow

dom keira lauren is what we are going to call her unless stu changes his name

maria im in essex but meant to be going back to work this week wether its this weekend or not i dont know lol

• CTW Members

The hospital told us with kiara and that was around june 05 when i had skye they had the payment in place but its only 2d scan u just pay the 50 quid for them to tell you, we went private fr the 4d scan, cant believe my hospital is a rip off lol..

Nice name by the way hun..

im sure they are breaking the law as standard 2d scans cant actually 100% tell you the sex and reason why some hospitals wont tell is because of mistakes and the hospitals that do tell always state they are not 100%.

they must always enforce that they cant always be 100% right.

anyway i would have refused and asked to have my scan at another hospital as you have every right to do that.

anyway who cares im just so excited to be having a girl finally, i really cant wait.

ive bought my pushchair already reason why is because of me moving and when i do il be out of work till after the baby so we decided to buy larger stuff whilst we can afford it. it was only £100.00 and has a car seat attached. im absolutely in love with it and cant wait to take her out when she is born.

• CTW Members

Dani, dont believe everything the medical proffesion tells you. When my son was born they said he will more than likely grow to be ginger, which is what I was hoping for, but ALAS, he has turned out to be blonde...poor little guy.