• CTW Members
James
This post was recognized by James!

alasdairm was awarded the badge 'Helpful' and 10 points.

hello

just over a month ago i thought it would be interesting to look at some of the numbers associated with the forums. you can see them here:

quite a few new people seem to have joined so i thought i would revisit the same numbers to see if they have changed. here they are:

• the top ten members are responsible for 65.2% of the posts on the board. that's quite a drop (from 96.7%). posts are obviously becoming more spread out across the entire population. (actually, it's such a change that i wonder if i had my numbers right the first time round...)
  • of 493 registered members, 316 (64.1%) have contributed either one or zero posts. the number of registered members has increased noticably but that doesn't mean more people are participating on the forums as the percentage of zero+one posters has remained about the same.

interesting... thoughts?

congrats to @James and everybody at CTW for the rise in registered members.

@alasdairm

• Thanks 1

"I've got medication, honey. I've got wings to fly", Primal Scream:Jailbird msn: alasdairmanson@hotmail.com yahoo IM: alimanson@yahoo.com AOL IM: alimanson23@aol.com email: ali_manson@yahoo.com homepage: http://www.magicglasses.com

• CTW Members

Yeah, its a good number of people registering, but as you said, the figure which shows just one post or less from somethin like 315 is phenomenal.

It shows that people are signing up looking to get involved in a clubbing site, then either totally forgetting about it or just being lazy and not bothering to come on.

316 is a ludacris figure, whats wrong with people !

\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\
TidyTraxGrant image.gif
' I haven't had a c*nt all night, drinkstable '
E Mail : Grant@ClubTheWorld.com
MSN : TidyTraxGrant@Hotmail.com
YahooID :TidyTraxGrant@Yahoo.co.uk

🇬🇧

http://www.DJLisaLashes.com

• CTW Members

i guess there are a lot of explanations for why people register and then don't use the site. i had a couple of suggestions:

a lot of long-standing members (members with low member #'s) seem to post very few messages in the forum). that doesn't mean they are not using club the world.

is there a way to poll those members and ask them why they're not, say, participating in the forum more actively?

we could then extend that to the general population. perhaps send a message to a group of users who have registered, say, one month ago but who have posted no messages on the forum. we might get answers back saying they are getting a lot of information from the site, that they are readin gthe forums but they are just not ready/comfortable participating in the forums?

thoughts?

alasdair

• Thanks 1

"I've got medication, honey. I've got wings to fly", Primal Scream:Jailbird msn: alasdairmanson@hotmail.com yahoo IM: alimanson@yahoo.com AOL IM: alimanson23@aol.com email: ali_manson@yahoo.com homepage: http://www.magicglasses.com

• CTW Members

Im only registered on bout 3 sites like this because with all the posts that go on, i find it hard enough to keep up with em all as it is!! I think for me its best to register with say bout 3 boards and post regular on them and get to know the people on them rather than register on loads and not bein able/bother tryin to establish a rapport (oooooh get me [Razz] ) with any of the other members due to bein on so many other sites!! U vant give them all the time u might want to either!! Anyway i hope this all makes sense lol, well as much sense as i am capable of lol!! [Roll Eyes][Laugh]

You Can Never Have Too Much Of A Good Thing :wink:
It'd Be Rude Not 2!! *I Need A Tissue*
MSN: Claire___DC @hotmail.com  Email: clairedc @ dsl .pipex .com

• CTW Admin

This is excellent stuff @alasdairm - ClubTheWorld Statistician ?

James@ClubTheWorld.uk
CTW AdminClubTheWorld.uk | Twitter | Instagram
ctw_post_signature_small.gif
Clubbing the world, together ...

• CTW Admin

got it - ClubTheWorld Analyst !

James@ClubTheWorld.uk

• CTW Members

well, i'm more than happy to remain a dedicated clubber but i think it's interesting to look at the numbers sometimes as they give some idea of how things are and how they are changing...

if we want to make things better, it's helpful to know where we are...

alasdair

• 17 years later...
  • CTW Admin

Thanks again for this @alasdairm - was very useful stuff which I didn't fully appreciate at the time !

James@ClubTheWorld.uk

• James changed the title to CTW Website Metrics