Pre-Meet For Frantic/Wildchild

Tony P

• CTW Promotors
QUOTE (saffysue @ Mar 19 2004, 09:39)
What about in the car tho? unsure.gif

As Lou says, most park outskirts, then get the tube, cos of it being dodgy etc. TBH, I dont know London, so im not much help, unlees I know exactly where your coming from, parking up etc, there's not much I can advise shrug.gifsorry.gif

Give me some details hon, please, then i'll have more to go on thumbsup.gif

Techno, Techno, Techno

• CTW Promotors
QUOTE (Billy Gonzalez @ Mar 19 2004, 16:48)
Will try and make it to the meet-up, unlikely I'll be there by 7 though!
Bringing my gf and her best mate who's a proper raver yay.gif

ace, be good to you mett you thumbsup.gif

Techno, Techno, Techno

• CTW Members

saffysue. Being from Leicester I know the route well.

Come down the M1 and get off at junction 2 (signed A1 and the City). You basically want to follow (A1/city) all the way into town. It's fairly straightforward

This is from theaa.co.uk route planner

94.90 2.60 A1 Junction 2 (A1)

Leave main motorway (signposted A406 North Circular Road East)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

95.40 0.50 A1 Road merges from left (End of Motorway)

Forward A1

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

96.50 1.10 A1 Junction with A504

At traffic signals forward (signposted C London)

96.70 0.20 A406 Junction with A406

Join A406 North Circular Road

97.00 0.30 A1 Henlys Corner (Junction with A598)

At traffic signals forward then take right-hand lanes and branch right A1 (signposted Central London)

99.00 2.00 A1 Highgate (Junction with A1000)

Bear right and forward (signposted Central London)

99.30 0.30 A1 "The Woodman Hotel"

At crossroads forward

You'll then go down a steep hill with a steel bridge high in the air (the archway). If you are lucky it's a great view of the city skyscrapers. There are speed cameras down this hill so stick to the limit.

101.10 0.80 A1 Junction with A503

At traffic signals take second road on the left (should be signposted the City)

You should then go past lots and lots of shops, KFCs, takeaways etc...

101.30 0.20 A1 Holloway

At traffic signals forward

101.60 0.30 A1 Holloway Road Underground Station (RHS)

102.20 0.60 A1200 Highbury Corner

Take 2nd main exit A1200 (no signs)

102.70 0.50 A1200 Essex Road Station

In 0.5 mile bear left and forward to join A501

104.10 1.40 A5201 Old Street

At roundabout take 1st exit A5201 (not shown) (signposted Ring Road, Shoreditch, Whitechapel) Take right-hand lanes (signposted Ring road)

104.20 0.10 A1202 Junction with A5201 (not shown)

Turn right A1202 (not shown)

104.40 0.20 A1202 Junction with Curtain Road

104.60 0.20 A1202 Junction with A10

105.20 0.60 A1202 Whitechapel (Aldgate East Station)

Turn left (one-way) Immediately turn right and right again then take left-hand lanes and turn left A1202 (signposted Ring Road, Tower Bridge)

105.40 0.20 A1210 Junction with Prescot Street

Take right-hand lanes and turn right

105.60 0.20 A100 Tower Hill (Junction with A100)

Turn left A100 then under railway bridge and keep forward passing

105.80 0.20 A100 Tower of London (Tower Hill)

Keep forward to cross

106.00 0.20 A100 Tower Bridge

106.30 0.30 A200 Junction with A200

At traffic signals turn left A200 (signposted Rotherhithe Tunnel)

106.50 0.20 A200 Junction with Druid Street

Turn right (signposted London Bridge, Waterloo) then bear right into Druid Street

106.70 0.20 A200 Junction with A100

Central London Congestion Charges apply Mon-Fri 7am-6:30pm At traffic signals forward (signposted London Bridge) and shortly bear left under railway bridge then immediately bear right

106.91 0.20 A200 Junction with A2205

At traffic signals forward (signposted Waterloo)

107.35 0.44 Uncl. Turn right onto Stainer Street

107.40 0.06 Uncl. Finish on Stainer Street,Bermondsey

I would get an A-Z as soon as you hit town (or even before) as even after eight years here I'm still blind without one.

I have no idea what the parking is like around that area I'm afraid- just be careful where you leave your car.

If you need any other help let me know.

Russ 0796 6364 401.

I'm not going to Wildchild this time though due to illness and my sister being down. Have a great one.

My mum lives in Mountsorrel and I went to school in Loughborough.

Russ