FAO: James ie; music production moderators

• CTW DJs

james - i dont think we need a moderator as such, but i do wish the dj producers forum was split into:-

1- (tunes and reviews)+ (djs and producers) add the two

2- a seperate 'post your mix cds and links to your online mixes here to get opinions on them' type forum. kinda like 'promote yourself' but just for djs

3- production and recording tips and Q&A

4- a seperate 'post your productions here to get opinions on them' type forum. kinda like 'promote yourself' but just for producers

what does everyone think?

in forum 3 we could perhaps have a sticky explaining the pros and cons of each of the major bits of software that we all like to use ...so it doesnt get full of 'what is fruity loops' type questions....

i personally would love this... and it would open up the site to another element of people... have you seen how busy the tranceaddict.com production forums are? ive seen nowhere like that for hardhouse/techno producers....

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• CTW Admin

Nice1 mate - i'm very much reliant on people like you with the right knowledge to come forward and make these kinds of suggestions. Sounds good to me - will wait to hear others' comments first but its cool with me

nice1 thumbs.gif

James@ClubTheWorld.uk
CTW AdminClubTheWorld.uk | Twitter | Instagram
ctw_post_signature_small.gif
Clubbing the world, together ...

• CTW Members

very good idea

reckon 2+4 are very similar though, they could probably be combined into one, because they're not going to get that much traffic through them anyway (yet) so maybe 1 forum could suffice for feedback on mixes, and feedback on tracks.

just my tuppence

• CTW Members

I think it should be kept how it is as theyre 2 different topics and i think would get too mixed up if had them all together!!

2- a seperate 'post your mix cds and links to your online mixes here to get opinions on them' type forum. kinda like 'promote yourself' but just for djs

This is a good idea!! idea.gif

3- production and recording tips and Q&A

Surely this is incorporated into the production forum?! confused.gif

4- a seperate 'post your productions here to get opinions on them' type forum. kinda like 'promote yourself' but just for producers

Surely this would be incorporated with number 2?! confused.gif

we could perhaps have a sticky explaining the pros and cons of each of the major bits of software that we all like to use ...so it doesnt get full of 'what is fruity loops' type questions....

Yep, or a FAQ sticky? To stop repetitive posts? idea.gif

Of course this is just my opinion!! smile.gif

You Can Never Have Too Much Of A Good Thing :wink:
It'd Be Rude Not 2!! *I Need A Tissue*
MSN: Claire___DC @hotmail.com  Email: clairedc @ dsl .pipex .com

• CTW Members
TomD said:

very good idea

reckon 2+4 are very similar though, they could probably be combined into one, because they're not going to get that much traffic through them anyway (yet) so maybe 1 forum could suffice for feedback on mixes, and feedback on tracks.

just my tuppence

Tom u read my mind!! lol.gifparanoid.gif

• CTW DJs
Claire DC said:

TomD said:

very good idea

just my tuppence

Tom u read my mind!! lol.gifparanoid.gif

i disagree cos its really disheartening to post you newly finished track that you have slaved days over eager for some opinion on it, to have it really quickly quickly bumped down to bottom of the forum by 20x 'im a dj listen to my mix that took me an hour' type posts...

i will fight this point to my death.. i do 1 mix cd a week (any fooker can) and complete a track to my satisfaction in a month and a half... i think the effort involved deserves it own lil forum... even if it doesnt get 'heavy traffic' (i truly hope traffic amount is not an issue here).

• CTW Members
modular1 said:

disagree cos its really disheartening to post you newly finished track that you have slaved days over eager for some opinion on it, to have it really quickly quickly bumped down to bottom of the forum by 20x 'im a dj listen to my mix that took me an hour' type posts...

i will fight this point to my death.. i do 1 mix cd a week (any fooker can) and complete a track to my satisfaction in a month and a half... i think the effort involved deserves it own lil forum... even if it doesnt get 'heavy traffic' (i truly hope traffic amount is not an issue here).

To be fair tho, do u really think they will push them so far down that people cant see ur post? I mean these music forums arent like the general forum where there are pages and pages of new topics etc!! Sure, u spend a lot of time on ur production as do djs with their mixes, to get a mix how u want it may take u a week yet could take others 2 weeks, all depends on the person i guess!! And just cos it takes u longer to produce somethin, does that warrant a whole new forum to put it in? Also if they do take that long to make then surely the forum wouldnt be that busy anyway so i dont think u could justify a forum soley for production!! IMO!! smile.gif

• CTW DJs
Claire DC said:

I think it should be kept how it is as theyre 2 different topics and i think would get too mixed up if had them all together!!

i think reviewing tunes points to reviewing the person that made them, and a lot of the are djs so its kinda in the same bag really

most of the threads ive read in here are a waste of time anyway... heavy traffic yes, but pointless ..

post- this tune is great!

reply-yes it is

reply-yes it is

reply-yes it is

reply-yes it is

reply-yes it is

reply-yes it is

ad nauseum

get me?

• CTW Admin
modular1 said:

james - i dont think we need a moderator as such

I would normally mod some of these forums myself and keep the posts tidy etc.. / keep a sticky post updated etc.. but i just dont have the time.

Deffo looking for mods for all 3 forums - mods who have the right knowledge and the time !

Will have to check who the current mods are..

James@ClubTheWorld.uk

• CTW Members
modular1 said:

i disagree cos its really disheartening to post you newly finished track that you have slaved days over eager for some opinion on it, to have it really quickly quickly bumped down to bottom of the forum by 20x 'im a dj listen to my mix that took me an hour' type posts...

fair enough, that's obviously something you don't want to happen because feedback from the rest of the members is good to get.

the "traffic" issue is just something that I'm saying because i think it's nicer to have one reasonably flowing forum than two similar ones that kind of sit rather stagnant. we don't actually have *that* many DJs and producers on ctw who often post tracks and mixes up asking for review. maybe what, 4 or 5 a week (total no of tracks + mixes)? which, split between two forums, isn't that much.

• CTW Admin

The only thing I'd say Tom is that we might not have many posting now but i reckon longer term we will so its good to plan for the future perhaps / show that we are encouraging people to post this kind of stuff.

James@ClubTheWorld.uk

• CTW Members
modular1 said:

i think reviewing tunes points to reviewing the person that made them, and a lot of the are djs so its kinda in the same bag really

most of the threads ive read in here are a waste of time anyway... heavy traffic yes, but pointless ..

post- this tune is great!

reply-yes it is

reply-yes it is

reply-yes it is

reply-yes it is

reply-yes it is

reply-yes it is

ad nauseum

get me?

I do get u, but it isnt reviewing tunes tho is it, its peoples own personal opinions on tunes or tune reccomendations to other people on the site!! Some people are more interested int he tunes forum than the djs forum and to have both of them together may make it hard to distinguish which posts theyre actually interested in reading!!

• CTW DJs
James said:

The only thing I'd say Tom is that we might not have many posting now but i reckon longer term we will so its good to plan for the future perhaps / show that we are encouraging people to post this kind of stuff.

exactly... there is a huge uk producer community posting on a canadian site that i know of... with little link to uk clubbing.. i can try and change that..

• CTW Admin
modular1 said:

exactly... there is a huge uk producer community posting on a canadian site that i know of... with little link to uk clubbing.. i can try and change that..

thumbs.gif

James@ClubTheWorld.uk

• CTW Members
James said:

But ur talkin a long time down the line before u get as many people posting about both personal djing and production posts, i think maybe when it gets to the point that there are a lot of posts in there for each of them then u can split them, it might not even happen tho - i say u just see how it goes with time and then decide later on!!

Like Mod1 said tho, it takes about a month for him to make a track and we have say 5 regular people approx who might post a tune on here which equals to 5 posts a month and thats if theyre doin it regularly, some only do it as a hobby!! I think uv gotta take into consideration the amount of forums and the amount of traffic in them, u always said u wouldnt keep a forum if the traffic wasnt fast enough to warrant it, so to open a forum that would have slow traffic would be a bit pointless for the time being!! Until we have enough people making tunes and posting about them on here i dont think it would be the best idea?! shrug.gif