FAO: James ie; music production moderators

• CTW DJs
TomD said:

calm down the pair of yous!! laugh.gif

i still reckon three forums:

- one for talking about DJs, tunes and music you've heard in the clubs (at the moment you're totally right i think it's a bit vague which should go in which) from a clubber's perspective, like "oh i think that tune's great" or "what's the name of this tune"

- one for production/mixing Q&A, advice, sharing tips, etc, what equipment you use, what gear you recommend, etc

- one for showcasing your work, be it a mix, or a tune, and getting the feedback

ok then thatll do flipa.gif ive given up and died...lol... not much of a fight ...eh?

id also point out that i think the dj promotion should only be for djs who have a mix cd available, not just silly 'i am a dj' posts. these could go in the existing promote yourself forum..

not that claire DC ever reviews cds that she gets sent...lol

.....ahem!!!!! (you did get it didnt you? icon_smile_blush.gif)

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• CTW Members
modular1 said:

TomD said:

calm down the pair of yous!! laugh.gif

i still reckon three forums:

- one for talking about DJs, tunes and music you've heard in the clubs (at the moment you're totally right i think it's a bit vague which should go in which) from a clubber's perspective, like "oh i think that tune's great" or "what's the name of this tune"

- one for production/mixing Q&A, advice, sharing tips, etc, what equipment you use, what gear you recommend, etc

- one for showcasing your work, be it a mix, or a tune, and getting the feedback

ok then thatll do but youll have to put up with us producers mindlessly bumping our tunes back up to the top of the forum with pointless posts flipa.gif

I thought u said the tunes forum was pointless posts? There isnt a members work forum yet so how can u know that? And im sure there wont be so many posts in there for them to need to be bumped up!! Also ur view of a pointless post as mentioned before is "i like that tune" etc etc

Modular1 says: i think reviewing tunes points to reviewing the person that made them, and a lot of the are djs so its kinda in the same bag really

most of the threads ive read in here are a waste of time anyway... heavy traffic yes, but pointless ..

post- this tune is great!

reply-yes it is

reply-yes it is

reply-yes it is

reply-yes it is

reply-yes it is

reply-yes it is

ad nauseum

So u wouldnt want that? Cos if not then i dont know what u expect from ur feed back?! confused.gif

You Can Never Have Too Much Of A Good Thing :wink:
It'd Be Rude Not 2!! *I Need A Tissue*
MSN: Claire___DC @hotmail.com  Email: clairedc @ dsl .pipex .com

• CTW Members

Thats cos i took it to my mums to open it and then forgot it when i came home, will get it back and have a listen tho icon_smile_blush.gif

• CTW DJs

[quotepost- this tune is great!

reply-yes it is

reply-yes it is

reply-yes it is

reply-yes it is

reply-yes it is

reply-yes it is

ad nauseum

So u wouldnt want that? Cos if not then i dont know what u expect from ur feed back?! confused.gif

id prefer comments like ' i dont like the bassline' / 'the drums are too loud' etc..

not crawly bumlick stuff.....constructive criticism!

• CTW Members

id prefer comments like ' i dont like the bassline' / 'the drums are too loud' etc..

not crawly bumlick stuff.....constructive criticism!

But not everyone knows all that - they just go off if they like it or not - and surely to god that means somethin? Not everyone is a musical wizzkid and knows what to look for in the technical side of things so all they can do is give u their opinion on if the tune itself is good or not in their opinion!!

• CTW Members

I think everyone has a valid point to some degree. The site isnt really aimed at the production side of music so maybe just a little shake up of the music forums would a better thing to do. I think production and mixing should be kept apart maybe just have a 'DJ forum' and a 'Production forum' shrug.gif

and keep the tunes and reviews as it is....

My new tune - Acid Test
Read the CTW music news HERE DJ collapses after World record attempt
"Dont u think its about time you grew up?"
"No"
Girl's are the Devil

• CTW Members

Maybe in the future yeah - but while there isnt much call for it at the momebt, can we really justify havin 2 more or less dormant forums as opposed to one reasonablely moving forum!! confused.gifshrug.gif

• CTW DJs

fair enough... i dont mind whos opinion i get regarding whether the tune is any good or not, but you seem to underestimate a lot of peoples abstract thinking ability here.....but im just gonna have stick to other sites to get my info. nothing remotley technical allowed here, for fear of going over people who never read this forums heads, it seems.

• CTW Members

I agree with what you said in the first post, like you i use other sites to get production tips etc... What would be good is if DJ's from this site gave their thoughts about tunes being made, but what i find is that if the tune aint signed then alot of poeple wont give it the time of day....

My new tune - Acid Test
"No"
Girl's are the Devil

• CTW DJs
Blu303 said:

I think production and mixing should be kept apart maybe just have a 'DJ forum' and a 'Production forum' shrug.gif

and keep the tunes and reviews as it is....

agreed spliff.gif

• CTW Members
Blu303 said:

I agree with what you said in the first post, like you i use other sites to get production tips etc... What would be good is if DJ's from this site gave their thoughts about tunes being made, but what i find is that if the tune aint signed then alot of poeple wont give it the time of day....

*ahem* grumpy.gif

• CTW Members

Ok, ok......... There are a few people who have given me some good feedback....

An apology to everyone shrug.gif

My new tune - Acid Test
"No"
Girl's are the Devil

• CTW DJs
Blu303 said:

agreed...which is [censored] silly cos every tune is unsigned at some point

• 1 month later...
  • CTW DJs
Claire DC said:

Maybe in the future yeah - but while there isnt much call for it at the momebt, can we really justify havin 2 more or less dormant forums as opposed to one reasonablely moving forum!! confused.gifshrug.gif

like the club the world dj's forum? hehe