• CTW Members

I gather some of us on here are DJ's - whats everyones style?

Rather than just meeting up and clubbin together why dont we organise a clubtheworld night somewhere, makes sense?

Me, well im into House/Garage/Hardhouse/Retro/OldSkool/D&B/Trance

all sorts i like to keep an open mind, plus it means i can pretty much work anywhere - versatility is the key

Also what makes a DJ Unique - well i try to make my sets unique, take for example David Morales, this guy deserves respect, saw him at the mint club a while back, learned a few things.

When im playin i try to [censored] with the crowd as much as possible the main trick i find is to take plenty of Accapella's - this way i can drop one over the top and really screw poeples heads up, hard as it is to do its well worth masterin - anyone else?

• Thanks 1

• CTW Reviewers

I play hard house/harder, european trance.

I like tracks with really sweeping, cinematic style synth riffs, but also favour vocal hard tracks.

I love to use the equipment to the full, ie back spinning, EQ dropping, EFX units.

Am also practising my phasing, but haven't got the hang of it yet.

CTW night somewhere sounds a mint idea, Mixmag.net is doing the same.

Harder. Faster. Better. Stronger. Badder. Smarter. Wub Wub

• CTW DJs

Hi,

I also DJ:

Mainly Hard house and Hard dance stuff, but i also play a variety of styles of house and trance music.

I play in London clubs but have just got a residency in a club in Stevenage, which is gonna have some very big names playing there, which i'm well chuffed about.

I like to keep mixes in as long as possible and cut things up with the EQ's, i also wanna teach myself to scratch as this is a skill that is essential for me to learn.

[ 15 July 2002, 17:10: Message edited by: Tony.P ]

• CTW Members

I play mainly funky house & old skool house (such as Pan Position - Elephants Paw) etc etc.

I still like all the bangin stuff, but funky house has rhythm.

I also play a lot of accapellas and use 3 decks at my residency.

geeeee

[ 15 July 2002, 18:16: Message edited by: OTT ]

Over The Top entertainment DJ Agency & Artist Management

• CTW Members

Like i say i keep my styles varied, i never reveal any tricks to anyone, a bit selfish i know

Like you OTT i use 3 decks when time allows, such as if im doin a legendary 8 hour set, or a barbie with my mates, i love screwin with peoples heads makes it more enjoyable for all!

OTT - i need to make major alterations to my profile - gonna be another week or so - sorry

• CTW Members

i just play hard house at the moment tho do wana branch out into other styles of music later on!! Been playin at a really crappy place called fluid in manchester (cant play as hard as id like there either) but is a start, i know madders and he's said i can play ss north but i wana make sure i aint gonna mess up and also try get my own kinda style before i play there too (oh and to make sure he doesnt wana sleep with me for the pleasure lol [Roll Eyes] )

You Can Never Have Too Much Of A Good Thing :wink:
It'd Be Rude Not 2!! *I Need A Tissue*
MSN: Claire___DC @hotmail.com  Email: clairedc @ dsl .pipex .com