What's the best CD's recently released?

• CTW Members

Hi, I'm just wondering what people think are the best CD's recently released, any form of dance music.

I bought the newest Gatecrasher one, well got it for Christmas, thats ok, also got #1 from Fischerspooner which is fantastic.

what do others think?

• CTW Members

the most recently relieased CD in my collection would be the best of tinrib - but thats obviously a best of so not new tunes

Mr Happy's fishy fish MangaFish munch munch

MSN & e-mail - mangafish@mangafish.net
AOL - MangaMorgan
Online mixes - http://www.mangafish.net/mixes/

• CTW Members

Extreme Euphoria (pink one is older but still good, blue one is newest one - both mixed by lashes)

Tidy Boys Live @ Weekender

those are my few recomendations for u to be goin on with, i have more if u wana know any more tho!! smile.gif

You Can Never Have Too Much Of A Good Thing :wink:
It'd Be Rude Not 2!! *I Need A Tissue*
MSN: Claire___DC @hotmail.com  Email: clairedc @ dsl .pipex .com

• CTW Members

actually - from chatting to u on msn u sound like ur after sumthin a little more inspired rather than the hard house tripe that gets rammed into thos compliations.

goto www.trustthedj.com and have a look @ thier cds

my fav techno CDs i got from thier as the DJ does thier stuff they way they want to and its not all about makeing £££ which lets face it, as much input as lashes may have had, its still all about making money

AOL - MangaMorgan

• CTW Members

Indeed. My favourite CDs are definitely not the big name compilations. In particular it's quite hard to find hard house compilations that aren't just a bag of uninspired Tidy/Nukleuz type stuff.

One of my best CDs is an old Eukatech compilation (a mixture of Eukatech and non-Eukatech tracks), picked it up completely randomly, but it's well good. Dark dirty funky techno, yay! thumbs.gif

Apart from that my favourite mix CDs are my own! I'm not trying to pat myself on the back, I'm just saying I like the tunes (by definition!!)

Will definitely try that link Mr Happy smile.gif

• CTW Members

yeah ur right about loving ur own cds

i dont care if the beets r matched or not, u buy records cuz u like em so it stands to reson that ur gonna put lots of records u like on ur CD thumbs.gif

AOL - MangaMorgan

• CTW Members

Mr Happy - I think you like similar stuff to me - recommend me some good technoey compilations. smile.gif Or anyone else for that matter!

I've got some good CDs at the funkier / slower end of the techno / tech house spectrum, but wouldn't mind something a bit more banging, maybe a nod towards hard house. Not mindlessly fast, and definitely not cliched hard house with hoovers or snare rolls in every single tune, but something tough, intelligent and techy! Doesn't have to be brand new!

You're always ranting about Karim, do you reckon he'll be up my street? Has he done any authentic (i.e. non cash-in) compilation CDs?

Was quite impressed by Marco V live a couple of months ago, he's the last DJ I remember who played hard stuff that was up my street. It was hard without being overly fast, very interesting and fairly minimal!

• CTW Members

do you reckon he'll be up my street?

Probably not, but Lionel will always be in ur area, u can rely on him wink.gifthumbs.gif

• CTW Members

Album of the year:

Speedy J "Loudboxer" - I don't really want to use any cliched adjectives to describe this album like "dirty", "dark", etc, it's just a brilliant techno artist album and you should definitely pick it up. I saw him live in May and he was so [censored] amazing.

Compilation album that's been good like most recently kind of thing:

Richie Hawtin & Sven Vath "Cocoon - The Sound Of The Third Season" - released just a couple of months ago, it's a compilation of the best tracks from Richie and Sven's techno club in Ibiza and well worth picking up. Got some damn good tracks on there like Dirty - "Dirty" ("obscene, dirty, filthy, immoral, ah yeah...") and others.

liquideyes - I reckon you'd like the Cocoon LP and also try checking DJ C1's "Shifting Gears" mix album. They're both good.

• CTW Members

Probably not, but Lionel will always be in ur area, u can rely on him

Hey there!

Thanks for you kind comments, Lionel will always help out in girls areas wherever he can!

Lionel! wink.gif

-------------------------------------------------------------

DJ LIONEL THE VINYL - CLUBTHEWORLD DJ

icon_rave.gif

Lionel The Vinyl - I'm in your Area, oh yes I am, I am a DJ, oh yes I am, I am Lionel, oh yes I am!

• CTW Members

I know how eager to please u r so i thought id put a word in for u!!

U gonna be in my area soon?