Which Genre do you prefer..

• CTW DJs

None of the above!

Im a HARD Trancer through and through!! smile.gif

Oh! I'm also partial to a bit of bangin' Hardcore!

Edited by Ikon

Welcome to the Darkside!
Jan 31st - The Clinic @ Hendre Hall, Bangor
Feb 7th - North @ Lakota, Bristol

http://www.ppdnet.org/ukscene/images/ukscene.jpg
UK-Scene Website

• CTW DJs
Theres no option for Hard Trance

As a lover of the original hard house i love the heavy bass beat but i also like the vocally bit of trance so when Hard Trance was born i thought 'YES' ive found my perfect music!

What when Nukleuz + Tidy Trax 'invented' HardTrance you mean, Ha Ha! smile.gif

Seriously though, How long have you been into Hard Trance Sarah?? coz Hard Trance has been around a lot longer that Hard House! smile.gif

Welcome to the Darkside!
Jan 31st - The Clinic @ Hendre Hall, Bangor
Feb 7th - North @ Lakota, Bristol

http://www.ppdnet.org/ukscene/images/ukscene.jpg
UK-Scene Website

• CTW Members

i voted trance as that's the only option which made sense for me. i think i've learned i'm the only psytrance head here...

alasdair

"I've got medication, honey. I've got wings to fly", Primal Scream:Jailbird msn: alasdairmanson@hotmail.com yahoo IM: alimanson@yahoo.com AOL IM: alimanson23@aol.com email: ali_manson@yahoo.com homepage: http://www.magicglasses.com

• CTW Members

re: Beaker's post... Tribal, eh (agree w/ya)? one word comes to mind.... TENAGLIA...TENAGLIA...TENAGLIA.... all I can say. He's been around a long time, but the man is gifted... his dark, twisted, edgy, even SEXY, Tribal sounds he produces are truly unique and send shivers down my spine (i know....what a cliche, but its true)!

My personal fave.... i'm kind of confused when it comes to labeling, (check my last Newbie post), but I love Prog... Prog House and Prog Trance... do I need some education on the what is what here?? BEDROCK is my label of choice.

But I could also call prog house, DEEP HOUSE. To me, it SOUNDS like Deep house (anthony pappa..good example) Is it the same?? And to me, Hard House, IS U.S. house when you see where it started...Chicago/Detroit, and what famous djs came from there... BBBill & RichardHumpty, MixinMarc, Marski, who are more like HARD house (to me anyways). Or are they considered Funky House to the mass majority? Is this a wasted effor trying to figure out... people on the forum seem pretty clear about it, but I find it rather confusing confused.gif Help!

Also, I'm grew up in Miami, Florida area....where BreakBeats were born and played more often on the radio than Pop..that's what I grew up listening too...so all time favorite, would have to be Breakbeats.

Edited by Teska

• CTW Promotors
originally posted by Ikon...........

Seriously though, How long have you been into Hard Trance Sarah?? coz Hard Trance has been around a lot longer that Hard House!

A long time!! Its only really becoming recognised as a genre though

INCISION Leeds - 23rd Jan - Passion Records Tour Night!!
Email: 
sarah@clubtheworld.com
MSN: pvcsarah@hotmail.com
Speed it UP - PLEASE!

• CTW Members

i voted trance as that's the only option which made sense for me. i think i've learned i'm the only psytrance head here...

Nope, can't beat a bit of squealy psychadelic trance. Was only listenign to me old Man With No Name CD the other day ...

Fred The Baddie
Email: FredTheBaddie at ClubTheWorld dot com
MSN: Fox_Raynard at hotmail dot com
I am not part of any majority
-- Now in my MP3 player : Agnelli & Nelson - Holding on to Nothing --

• CTW Members

Nice to see a few others here have different tastes I was beginning to wonder if everyone here was mainly into hard house... for which I add I don't mind at all.

For me thou Progressive House is the business and would be my first choice was also heavily into Acid House way back when it was having it's day and I love fcuked up and trible beats too don't mind Trance or Progressive Trance either... and love all late 80's early 90's house stuff especially (eg Alison Limerick, Soul II Soul, Frankie Knuckles) and nice to hear a bit of a resurgence it seems with the old school... Retro @ Eden was probably one of my best nights out there this year.

• CTW Members

hey fred

cool - what other stuff do you listen to? which town are you and what is the scene - if any - for psychedelic trance there?

alasdair

"I've got medication, honey. I've got wings to fly", Primal Scream:Jailbird msn: alasdairmanson@hotmail.com yahoo IM: alimanson@yahoo.com AOL IM: alimanson23@aol.com email: ali_manson@yahoo.com homepage: http://www.magicglasses.com