Main CTW Server Off-Line

• CTW Moderators

Fucking hell teabag!

Bit harsh innit!

He has paid up, until the end of August, it was said earlier or he mentioned it to me while we were chatting about it at wilcdchild!

CTW Sexiest Male Member
LIVING THE DREAM!!!!!!

• CTW Members
QUOTE (Bushy @ Jun 6 2004, 21:00)
Fucking hell teabag!

Bit harsh innit!

He has paid up, until the end of August, it was said earlier or he mentioned it to me while we were chatting about it at wilcdchild!

haha it was just a joke like

I was a bit battered

• CTW Members

Hi James

If you want a decent webhost, try xsession.com

They are ace. They get most of their business through word of mouth.

They're a really small (in terms of people) company, so you're always talking to someone who know what they're doing when you email support.

Costs etc here.

Chat soon.

~Iain

Edited by cupboardy

• CTW Admin

thanks Ian I will look into it.

-----

Guys,

If you want a decent host DONT go to iPowerWeb.com - they are meant to be one of THE best in the WORLD and have won numerous awards but following my 2 week ordeal just now I say STAY CLEAR ...

Basically after a SHIT LOAD of emails back and forth (most of mine being IGNORED) I finally got an answer out of them today ...

Basically (although they dont admit it) they fucked up - they have just emailed me back FINALLY today after 2 WEEKS saying that I was SO LATE in making my payment (I was 2 days late, and it wasnt my fault it didnt go though) that they gave both my SERVER and my IP ADDRESS to another client - i.e. they immediately WIPED the box and sold it to another customer - without even bothering to inform me.

Sounds to me like they fucked up and didnt have the decency to a) let me know and more important http://clubtheworld.ipbhost.com/html/emoticons/cool.gif try to brush me off !

Now I'm not someone who usually complains and most people who know me will know I am TOO soft and I wouldnt normally waste my time emailing/phoning people who cant do their job properly, but having had nothing but grief from EVERY host I've been with so far I'd finally had enough with these guys so I didnt let it drop.

What is most annoying is that I paid (albeit 2 days late) 3 MONTHS in advance - once they had my payment they coudlnt care less about actually giving my box back - which didnt exist anyway ! So now I've paid up I may as well stay with them for 2 months - or perhaps I should just ask for my money back - but somehow I predict they will yet again ignore my requests.

So basically I'm going to hunt around for what will be my FORTH provider so dont hold your breath as to when the gallery and other parts of the site will be back up - I've got to start all that again from scratch, yet again.

Someone/something is most definitely trying to tell me to give this up and work on something else !

:S:@:S

James@ClubTheWorld.uk
CTW AdminClubTheWorld.uk | Twitter | Instagram
ctw_post_signature_small.gif
Clubbing the world, together ...

• CTW Admin

Just to add something I've been thinking about for a long time ...

As and when I get a new main server sorted out the site is going right back to what it was when I started it - PURELY a site centered around people/members and making new friends. There will be NO advertising banners of any sort and no mailouts about anything except the events which we ourselves organise. I am very passionate about the real concept of this site and I want to make it clear to people that this is not a profit making site, in fact the ads you have seen up there since they were first put up have amounted to £0 coming into the site to support hosting - so we may as well do away with them completely !

If anyone has any suggestions / would like to get involved with turning CTW back into what it was and would like to help out researching & arranging events (not just clubbing) then please PM me.

Thanks !

James@ClubTheWorld.uk

• CTW Members

sounds like you have had quite a few problems i have not read the whole post just the last couple.

james- CTW will never be 'back to how it was' so to speak... quite simply because the people who were originally on it and who originally got it up and running like myself, Tara and Kev, simply aren't on it any more! you will never get it back to how it was because the people on it are always changing, and YOU nor will anyone ever change that. :sorry:

good luck any how!

Sophie

• CTW Admin

Update, I'm moving everything across to Invision Hosting (the best out there IMHO) - they do nightly backups and have an amazing response rate to trouble tickets etc. plus the range of services they offer is un-matched

Unfortunately I still have everything to set up again from scratch (apart from the message board) but watch this space as there is some cool stuff coming.

Sorry for the delay but I now only have about 1 full weekend free a month to do this stuff http://clubtheworld.ipbhost.com/html/emoticons/sad.gif

Once everything is properly in place as it should be I can get on with sorting out cards and stuff, the state the site is in at the moment I think you will agree that it shouldnt go too public yet lol

James@ClubTheWorld.uk

• CTW Admin

(for those that are interested lol)

Right, I've spent today sorting out the upgrade of the forum server to be the main server. The URL of the forums will be changing from clubtheworld.ipbhost.com to clubtheworld.uk/forum(s), hopefully we wont be affected but its possible you wont be able to access the site for a bit - if in doubt try the main clubtheworld.uk URL.

I would think this should all be sorted by COB mon/tues, we will then have no further issues as the new hosts are far more reliable plus everything is backed up nightly.

ps. There will be a properly integrated gallery as well, hopefully by tues/wens - now everyone will be able to upload and share photos properly and not have to request me to set things up.

James@ClubTheWorld.uk

• ClubTheWorld changed the title to Main CTW Server Off-Line