[ House, Hard Trance, Trance ] Obliteration @The Rocket Complex, Holloway Rd, London (Friday 25th April 2003)

freestyler

• CTW Members
CreamyC said:

Just hope people stick around and support people like him. You get more satisfaction out of it than going to the same clubs week in, week out.

Cheers for your support Creamy.

Like you said you will turn back one day and say you were there from the start and it will get big mate im not giveing up im going to keep on going.

I set out to promote nights and thats what im going to do

We will get bigger and better

gary

DJ

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• CTW Moderators
freestyler said:

I did go to big at first i think the dancers were the only ones that made the night what it was but hey onwards and upwards and it will get bigger and better and i hope that the next event you come to of mine will be bigger and better and you can say to me i remember coming to your first event.

It's all about makeing contacts makeing friends in this game and if you do who knows what's round the courner.

The thing with this night aswell is there were 3 other big night's in London which did not help but i was greatful for CTW people who came down.

Sounds to me like you are fairly confident about the whole thing. That isthe attitude to have when in this game. Without having that kinda attitude u would lose the potential to make it even more successfull. Having the contacts and the friends to support you make it all the more a little easier and things just drop into place liek they should. Its even harder when u got ig DJz playing in the town on the same night - but when it gets better - it will get bigger all the same. The best thing about promoting your own night is all the experience you get from it and all the new mates u tend to make!

• CTW Members
Maria said:

The best thing about promoting your own night is all the experience you get from it and all the new mates u tend to make!

This is very true the help i have had from Vicky Devine,Sophie Sugar,Miss Behavin so far has been the tops.

gary

DJ

• CTW Admin

I've got to be honest and say that I wouldnt know where to start setting up an entire night from scratch. Hosting a back room is one thing but planning/hosting the entire night is a completely different ball game.

I admire your passion and determination to making it work Gary - with an attitude like that you cant and wont fail.

As Kev says its these up-and-coming nights/DJs which give us the biggest buzz when we're out clubbing now. Its entirely possible that one day all our best mates are going to be the ones driving the industry!

grin.gif

James@ClubTheWorld.uk
CTW AdminClubTheWorld.uk | Twitter | Instagram
ctw_post_signature_small.gif
Clubbing the world, together ...

• CTW Members
James said:

I've got to be honest and say that I wouldnt know where to start setting up an entire night from scratch. Hosting a back room is one thing but planning/hosting the entire night is a completely different ball game.

I admire your passion and determination to making it work Gary - with an attitude like that you cant and wont fail.

As Kev says its these up-and-coming nights/DJs which give us the biggest buzz when we're out clubbing now. Its entirely possible that one day all our best mates are going to be the ones driving the industry!

grin.gif

Cheers James you lot are wicked on here notworthy.gif

I dont give up easy on most things and im not giving up on promoting i enjoy what i do thats why on Friday there may not of been that many people there but i had a smile on my face right till the end cus of the people that were there were makeing the most of it.

gary

DJ

• CTW Members

No, theres no way we're giving up any time soon! We're going to be massive I tell yah'! thumbs.gif

• CTW Promotors

The problem you had was that you had easter the week before and bank holiday coming up ,even i felt it on saturday and i think Freebass which was at the rocket complex the day after felt it worst than your self that there was just not alot of clubbers going out that weekend ,Its abit of gamble when you promote and takes alot of hard work and alot of time standing out side clubs flyering for your event .

The only advice i would recomend is dont give up and be prepared to lose money for at least 6 months before you gain anything ,there is just no quick bucks to be made in this business anymore .

Hope this helps in anyway

• CTW Members

It took me 5 months to plan this event and i enjoyed every hour of the day promoting it for me to give up now would be stupid i enjoy what i do and im sure Tara who is co-Promoting it with me does aswell.

I havent gave up on most things in life and im not going to on this one sure ive lost money but hey thats the game im in im not going to kick myself in the teeth about it im going to keep on going and going bringing the U.K & Ibiza a good night out.

Myself & Tara will be hitting Ibiza this summer to promote Viva La Trance every Thursday we are going to have a great summer out there with the people i have lined up already and the people in the promoting game helping out it wont fail.

The full line up for the summer will be out at the end of the week. thumbs.gif

gary

DJ

• ClubTheWorld changed the title to [ House, Hard Trance, Trance ] Obliteration @The Rocket Complex, Holloway Rd, London (Friday 25th April 2003)