DJ Profiles

• CTW Members

Wouldn't it be better if there were like standard questions then part of their profile was dynamic that they can log into and update. I've just finished something really similar at work and it works really well. It's a walk in the part to set up too.

For example we could have like a artist page where you have like:

Name

DJing

Style

(and photo)

then you then click on a more info link or the pic that takes you to their actual profile page where it's more in depth. I feel that whackin a mass of text is bad practice because it can put people off. However if done with standard questions it is broken down and easier to read.

a sample of the questions that have been used for the club site i've been working on are as follows.

NAME:

DJ'ing:

Favourite DJ's:

Favourite Label:

What do you play:

Top 3 all time tunes:

Best moment DJ'ing:

Worst moment DJ'ing:

Up and coming tunes: (this will be dynamic)

Clubs played: (this will be dynamic)

TOP 10 (this will be dynamic)

REVIEW:

RATING: (can have a voting system by the users)

The dynamic side will mean that they the DJ can log on to their profile and update their up and coming tunes, the clubs they have played at and their top 10 tunes.

We could even do it by section of how they play, like funky, trance, hard etc etc as we get more dj's. you could even do searches which is a work in the park settin up.

Just a few ideas anyway.

• CTW Members

I do believe that is the address.

I spoke to sarah last night and she prefers the idea of presenting the DJ's like i said. Already done it here so i could just copy and paste the code so it would be done really quickly.

• CTW Admin

yep agreed. it was always the intention to turn the DJ section into a proper database-driven / dynamic section - as with the club & events listing stuff i still need to do.

scream - what have you written this stuff you've done in - i'm keen to adobt language standards and at the moment have settled on php, mysql, html and some javascript

cheers for all your info / help ! Sorry i dont get a chance to check too many posts these days but its sooo busy at work.

James@ClubTheWorld.uk
CTW AdminClubTheWorld.uk | Twitter | Instagram
ctw_post_signature_small.gif
Clubbing the world, together ...

• CTW Admin

in that case nice one mate ! I'm using php/mysql as the standard from now on - it IS the standard in my book.

if i can have a look at the code mate that would be cool - i should be able to integrate using the the ubb user authentication grin.gif

James@ClubTheWorld.uk

• CTW Members

aye implementing it into the forum db would be really simple.

what i'll do once i've finished the admin section i'll try and put the error checking in it then send it to you mate. Hopefully will have the admin section finished tomorrow if i work like trojan at work.

• CTW Admin

nice1 Si grin.gif

James@ClubTheWorld.uk