[ Site News ] - Forum Restructure (June 2003)

• CTW Admin

Here are some of the changes we intend on putting in place ...

Welcome New Members ! - stays - everyone agrees this is a great way for members to introduce themselves and be made to feel welcome to our community

Random Bollox - stays

FAO - stays - although it would be nice if certain people didnt use it like an online chat room !

Jokes & Fun Stuff - stays - we removed this once but due to popular demand it was put back

Smut Forum - stays but only visible to registered users - some of us hate it, some of us love it - the fact is its a very popular forum.

Promote Yourself - goes - members can introduce themselves & promote themselves and their role/company in the Welcome Newbies section when they join. DJs and promotors also currently get to promote themselves in the DJ and Events forums in either case.

This Week ! - stays - however the plan longer term is to move all event information out of the forums and into a searchable seperate section.

Clubbing Event Suggestions - stays - although possibly not necessary longer term depending on how we design the new event submission engine which will include automating who's attending/attended

Non-Clubbing Event Suggestions - stays - we had thought about merging this and just having one event suggestions forum but we want to make it clear we are trying to build a community here who do things together other than just clubbing. We do however realise we need to stop talking about these events and actually start planning them properly and achieving them.

Past Events & Members' Reviews - stays

Ibiza 2003 - un-decided - currently we're not really using this forum properly and most of our plans for sorting accomodation etc.. out for everyone have fallen through due to varying factors. its most definitely our intention though to focus on places like Ibiza properly in the future.

Photo Links & Comments - stays for now - possibly remove later on as links can be added to the top of the actual event posts instead. the links are also already listed elsewhere on the site.

Tunes & Reviews - stays

DJs & Producers - renamed to DJing & Producing

Production, Recording & Mixing Tips - merges into DJing & Producing forum

Drugs Awareness & Health Issues - stays but perhaps requires better moderation

Relationship Issues - stays

Other Serious Issues & Debates - stays but anonymous feature disabled

Site News - renamed to 'Site Development & Suggestions'

ClubTheWorld & Spinback DJs - goes - DJs can use open DJing & Producing forum, Spinback get a sticky thread detailing their news

Comments & Suggestions - merges into 'Site Development & Suggestions' forum

*** CTW Developers Forum *** - hidden forum merges into visible 'Site Development & Suggestions' forum

Edited by James

James@ClubTheWorld.uk
CTW AdminClubTheWorld.uk | Twitter | Instagram
ctw_post_signature_small.gif
Clubbing the world, together ...

• CTW Members

thumbs.gif

Altho FAO i think should stay, even tho yes we can PM. But its still funny if we have sumin to show.

If u removed it, just think how busy Random Bollox will be and all the moans u get from people sayin there is to much to read/catch up on etc.

notworthy.gif

• CTW Promotors
Mr_Moo said:

thumbs.gif

Altho FAO i think should stay, even tho yes we can PM. But its still funny if we have sumin to show.

If u removed it, just think how busy Random Bollox will be and all the moans u get from people sayin there is to much to read/catch up on etc.

notworthy.gif

I agree with you mrmoo!! luvu.gif

Techno, Techno, Techno

• CTW Promotors
Mr_Moo said:

What reasons Moo, all you get is an FAO which realistically only two people will ever reply to, the composer and the recepitant. Answer = PM. So why would you want an FAO? And lets face it, when someone does post in someone elses FAO all you get is "oi this is my FAO [censored] off" so what really is the point. A PM warning appears anyway so its not as if you're not going to notice it.

CreamyC™
Email:
CreamyC@ClubTheWorld.uk
MSN: CreamyCTW@Hotmail.com
Mobile: 07956 462 642 (T-Mobile)

• CTW Members

But people hi-jacking others FAO, is part of the fun!

Please leave it.

• CTW Admin

I agree FAO is quite 'fun' for

a) hi-jacking (its fairly harmless)

B) voyeurism - we all love reading other peoples FAOs and it helps us keep up to date on who knows who and what they're up to

James@ClubTheWorld.uk
CTW AdminClubTheWorld.uk | Twitter | Instagram
ctw_post_signature_small.gif
Clubbing the world, together ...

• CTW Members
James said:

we all love reading other peoples FAOs

?!?

i've got work to do.. thumbs.gif

• CTW Members

scratchchin.gif: James, I think FAO should stay for such things as FAO:All peps going to TW4 thumbs.gif

Although maybe members should use PM more for sending between two people.

FAO could also be used to communicate information to anon users that may be just browsing, to encourage them to join the community.

Just a few thoughts...

• CTW Members

the fao is good fun - its like for messages to ppl that obviously arnt private and u dont mind (or care) ppl jumping in

its like random bollox only cliquie(sp?) that way it keeps the cliquieness on the random bollox to a minimum (imo of course)

Mr Happy's fishy fish MangaFish munch munch

MSN & e-mail - mangafish@mangafish.net
AOL - MangaMorgan
Online mixes - http://www.mangafish.net/mixes/

• CTW Members

looks good. nice work.

alasdair

"I've got medication, honey. I've got wings to fly", Primal Scream:Jailbird msn: alasdairmanson@hotmail.com yahoo IM: alimanson@yahoo.com AOL IM: alimanson23@aol.com email: ali_manson@yahoo.com homepage: http://www.magicglasses.com