attracting new members

• CTW Members

this would certainly attract me, and therefore people like me. can't say about anyone else ;-)

when i first went to this site, i never visualised how i would end up meeting folk and all the other value i get from the site. despite those big letters at the front about what the site aims to do! icon_smile_blush.gif i'm a very lazy surfer and i guess have been let down too many times by too many sites also created from these ideals. banghead.gif

what would have got me instantly signed up + using the site would have been this:

1)i arrive at clubtheworld homepage. it looks professional, the text promises something i want (bored of same club in my case, and would like to find some alternate music style mates and go clubbing with them) - homepage is exactly this at the moment BTW, nice one ;-)

2)there is a "search member's profiles" field on the homepage in front of my face. i would type in "sundissential"

3)if a few members came up with SS in their profile, i would know its worth looking into further - i might see what kind of SS people used this site and if i reckoned the site did indeed have members i could click with, i would register on the spot.

4)if it didn't i guess i would search a few more times and then give up, until i met CTW people i clicked with in real life which is why i'm here today ;-)

note - there are millions of sites on the net, so i don't give sites many opportunities to impress me - i might just be very harsh... grumpy.gif

there are folk out there like me, and there are folk out there who've only just started on the internet and don't know what forums or profiles are. so maybe that big search field would need to say

"find clubbers: search their profiles here....[freetextfield] link-advanced-search".

you will have a lot of different people coming to the site for the first time for a lot of different reasons. i'm also a producer and have just looked at the homepage link for DJ's and Producers. there isn't anything for producers!!!!

i think u need to understand your userbase better

cyber on the inside

desperately trying to fit in on the outside

hair by tony and guy

• CTW Members
iamhardhouse said:

i'm also a producer and have just looked at the homepage link for DJ's and Producers. there isn't anything for producers!!!!

i think u need to understand your userbase better

Actually there are quite a few producers here. If, as you suggested, we could do a text-search of members' profiles, then the problem would be solved!

• CTW Members

hehe - i realised i wasn't hardhouse when talking with occasionalcharlie the other day and am currently trying to think of another name (other than paul or iamnothardhouse or iamnotiamhardhouse).

oringally, the name came about after a long night out and too much skunk. for a brief moment i felt i was hard house icon_smile_blush.gif it sounded cool, so i decided to use it as my producing name (pros and cons with that one)

when i got on here, i stuck with iamhardhouse, cos i still was unaware of not being hardhouse. i need to change it cos i'm currently introducing my self as "i am i am hard house", it just gets too messy to then mention that i'm not...

maybe my nick should be italkshite ;-)

cyber on the inside

hair by tony and guy

• CTW Members
liquideyes said:

Actually there are quite a few producers here. If, as you suggested, we could do a text-search of members' profiles, then the problem would be solved!

my thoughts exactly - i was shocked today to find this facility already exists (and needs rewording!!!)

go to the forums home page and from the top left 'MENU' you can choose PROFILE INDEX. this will take you to this search facility (or click the link below). fookin amazin - so much better than trying to find people based on their username ;-)

http://community.clubtheworld.uk/index.php?Cat=&paction=profileindex

cyber on the inside

hair by tony and guy

• CTW Members

Found it! Quality!

For clarity, the "profile index" is on the "entrance" page (not "forums") although confusingly it is the "entrance" page that appears when you click "forums" on the homepage!

James > how about having a link to the profile index (which is essentially a form of search) on the search page (which is where I would look intuitively) and/or on the "members" page?

• CTW Members

ummm, i've got a real sore head from jus readin all of that lot above me.. confused.gifshrug.gifconfused.gif