strings

Tony P

• CTW Promotors

yeh, I think that's what he means laurence unsure.gifsmile.gif

Techno, Techno, Techno

• CTW Promotors
QUOTE (Mr_Happy @ Jun 18 2004, 14:55)
try having a play with some soft synths.

i've got absynth and it appears very powerful but i'm yet to create something on there

thats where ya going wrong!! drinking whilst making tunes, no good, specially not absynth!! tongue.gif

Techno, Techno, Techno

• 6 months later...
  • CTW Members

Get a real synth mate, much easier in the long run, more expressive, i created some wicked strings on my Trition synth, in fact i have created a few sounds for my trition. I may put them on my website as a download, when i am tired of using them in my tracks tongue.gif

• CTW Members
QUOTE (Rise @ Jan 3 2005, 00:52)
Get a real synth mate

^ take this comment with a pinch of salt!!!

While I love my real synths, there are some bloody good soft synths these days! Plus you don't have all the hassle of having to store/recall your programs.

Take it from me, I have 3 hardware synths, but to be honest my Native Instruments VSTi's see a lot more action these days. Plus they're a lot cheaper than hardware synths, and you can keep adding extra virtual instruments until you run out of processing power!

If I had loads of dosh, I would get the new Virus synth which has the best of both worlds: it is more tightly integrated, so you can manipulate all the parameters from the software and store the programs on your PC, but with the advantage that you still have the 'real' knobs, and of course it takes the strain of your CPU.

If you want really realistic-sounding strings (as opposed to warm synthy strings) you might be better off with a decent sample pack. A synth is never gonna sound like the real thing.

• CTW Members

its very difficult to find samples of strings that sound right for what you want to do

I am going to dig my violin out soon and record some strings at college for some of my own personal projects.

just have to remember how to play it first. And i don't know how to tune it so that will be interesting

I was going to post a gag about flagellation, necrophilia and bestiality but it's just flogging a dead horse.