• Replies 120
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

• CTW Promotors
Crill said:

What kind of threats? Physical or verbal?

Verbal about bringing the board down. Of course, we should ignore it though shouldn't we.

CreamyC™
Email:
CreamyC@ClubTheWorld.uk
MSN: CreamyCTW@Hotmail.com
Mobile: 07956 462 642 (T-Mobile)

• CTW Members
Capn_Jack said:

I've just remembered that Alasdairm has the last few posts mirrored on his account. Anyone remember his spoof of peoples posts? That could help restore the forums to a more recent state.

Yeah i remember it... will see if i have the addy in my history!! But if im correct if the posts were deleted wouldnt they have been deleted from his too.. in that the posts went to the actual ctw url as far as im aware?!

You Can Never Have Too Much Of A Good Thing :wink:
It'd Be Rude Not 2!! *I Need A Tissue*
MSN: Claire___DC @hotmail.com  Email: clairedc @ dsl .pipex .com

• CTW Promotors
CreamyC said:

Crill said:

What kind of threats? Physical or verbal?

Verbal about bringing the board down. Of course, we should ignore it though shouldn't we.

well the power of elimination is a good thing too, as to when they were recieveed & as to whay was happening at the time, maybe!!! think.gif

Techno, Techno, Techno

• CTW Members
Claire DC said:

Capn_Jack said:

I've just remembered that Alasdairm has the last few posts mirrored on his account. Anyone remember his spoof of peoples posts? That could help restore the forums to a more recent state.

Yeah i remember it... will see if i have the addy in my history!! But if im correct if the posts were deleted wouldnt they have been deleted from his too.. in that the posts went to the actual ctw url as far as im aware?!

My above post will answer your question. It's hosted on alasdairm's site. thumbs.gif

I don't do much on this planet, but David Blaine has taught me that I could do less!!

• CTW Promotors
Claire DC said:

Capn_Jack said:

Alex has found it & put link up Claire!! thumbs.gif

Techno, Techno, Techno

• CTW Admin

as Ray says its not rocket science. Someone was logged in as one of the admin accounts - i.e. they got hold of one of the admin passwords - or guessed one.

James@ClubTheWorld.uk
CTW AdminClubTheWorld.uk | Twitter | Instagram
ctw_post_signature_small.gif
Clubbing the world, together ...

• CTW Members
miss_diddy said:

Claire DC said:

Capn_Jack said:

Alex has found it & put link up Claire!! thumbs.gif

Nice one thumbs.gifsmile.gif

• CTW Moderators

The board WASN'T neccasarily hacked, was it ?

Some vindictive little twat logged into an admins account and deleted a few forums.

If it was a hack, im sure they would have started "playing about" to begin with. But they / it, didn't.

• CTW Admin

Alasdair wont have a copy of all posts! This is just an html screen!

James@ClubTheWorld.uk

• CTW Members
Capn_Jack said:

Claire DC said:

Capn_Jack said:

My above post will answer your question. It's hosted on alasdairm's site. thumbs.gif

Yup yhe posts were actual CTW urls then!! Shame!! undecided.gif

• CTW Promotors
Maria said:

Some vindictive little twat logged into an admins account and deleted a few forums.

If it was a hack, im sure they would have started "playing about" to begin with. But they / it, didn't.

Too coinicidental to whats happened.

CreamyC™
Email:
CreamyC@ClubTheWorld.uk
MSN: CreamyCTW@Hotmail.com
Mobile: 07956 462 642 (T-Mobile)

• CTW Members
Maria said:

didnt the newbes forum and 1 of teh techie forums disapear a couple of days back? shrug.gif

Mr Happy's fishy fish MangaFish munch munch

MSN & e-mail - mangafish@mangafish.net
AOL - MangaMorgan
Online mixes - http://www.mangafish.net/mixes/

• CTW Admin

sorry , my bad - it WASNT a 'hack' - someone got hold of one of the Admin passwords.

James@ClubTheWorld.uk

• CTW Members
James said:

Alasdair wont have a copy of all posts! This is just an html screen!

Oops thought he'd copyed the first page of threads. Just tried it and it reverts to this site, guess I should have looked first instead of typing.

I don't do much on this planet, but David Blaine has taught me that I could do less!!