what programs do you write your tunes on?

Mr_Happy

• CTW Members

i dont care what programs you have installed or what programs you can write tunes on (or even what programs you think are superiour). i just want to know what programs you use by default.

i'm using fruity loops. used to use sound forge 4 (to tweek my samples) alot as well, but not touched it for a little while now

Mr Happy's fishy fish MangaFish munch munch

MSN & e-mail - mangafish@mangafish.net
AOL - MangaMorgan
Online mixes - http://www.mangafish.net/mixes/

• 2 weeks later...
  • CTW Members

I have Cubase SX2 as my main sequencer, and then have Fruity and Reason rewired through it. The reason I do this is because I can freeze my VST's in Cubase which saves me a lot of CPU usage.

Then I use Soundforge with the WAVES Gold Bundle to master the final track in.

• CTW Members

Reason 2.5 does the job well enough for me when I need to VSTi I rewire into Cubase SX. Wavelab I use for sampling and mastering and ReCycle to splice up loops.

• CTW Members

QUOTE (ReBirth @ Jul 18 2004, 10:50)
I have Cubase SX2 as my main sequencer ... The reason I do this is because I can freeze my VST's in Cubase which saves me a lot of CPU usage.

The very reason I'm considering upgrading to SX 2.0.

In every other respect, Cubase SX 1.x serves all my sequencing needs, in combination with my trusty array of Native Instruments synths/samplers (which I am still learning to use -- presently a big fan of their Pro-53 because it's very 'instant'! -- but I have still to get to grips with Reaktor and Kontakt).

The other main program I use (stand-alone) is Fruityloops which is the bollocks for knocking up drum patterns and techy loops. I then export these as WAV file which I import into Cubase.

I also use Goldwave (a shareware program that I recently registered, it's dirt cheap) for basic wave editing. It has a very slick interface and I've used it for years, so I know all the keyboard shortcuts! Ideal for cutting and pasting / fading / tidying samples, and recording bits of audio from records or live from my hardware synths, without all the 'bloat' of Cubase.

Edited by LiquidEyes

• 3 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 5 weeks later...
  • CTW Members

cubase SL

gonna get adobe audition when i can afford it for audio editing

I was going to post a gag about flagellation, necrophilia and bestiality but it's just flogging a dead horse.

• CTW Moderators

Fruity Studio 4.5, Soundforge 6 and the odd bit of acid 4.

Although frutiy is my main sequencer!

Tried Logic but just cant get my head round it! wallbash.gif

CTW Sexiest Male Member
LIVING THE DREAM!!!!!!

• 3 weeks later...
  • CTW Members

HAHA DANCE eJAY 2 LOL!!!

its crap

i actually hate it!

however some of the technical abilities r cool

dont get eJAY

stoopid program

(this reply is based on a personal experience with the program dance ejay 2 and no others)