prog, breakbeat, trance, techno and hard dance dem

BenRW

• CTW Members

for a night in london on the last friday in october

email me on benrostwood@yahoo.com for the address to send it to

the night is going to start more down tempo and then build up into harder music so all types of music from prog to the hardest hard house are wanted. But remember you will be expected to play a similar style of set to your demo cd

the best demos will get an hour long set on the night

please send in your entries asap as the line-up will be arranged as soon as i can

looking forward to listening to them

(sorry if this is the wrong forum)

I was going to post a gag about flagellation, necrophilia and bestiality but it's just flogging a dead horse.

• CTW Members

Interesting music policy. I'm all for a bit of variety, but how many people do you know who like everything from prog to hard house?

• CTW Members

LiquidEyes I have heard a couple of djs who within there sets, try to fit a few different genres.

A good example is a london based dj called TinTin, he fits in his sets a bit of everything, from prog trance to old skool, to hardcore etc etc, not really my thing as I find it to be to over the plkace, but lots like it grin.gif

• CTW Members

i know a few people who like it.

tho i'm not looking for it all in one set. it will start prog and each dj will further it on in style.

I for one am annoyed at small nights where the first dj is caning it out at stupidly fast and hard, and the nights with more people dancing earlier are when it starts a bit more downtempo

I was going to post a gag about flagellation, necrophilia and bestiality but it's just flogging a dead horse.

• CTW Members

Betty, I quite agree. I am more of an advocate of variety than most. I spin anything from deep house to techno to trance to drum & bass...

I'm just saying, it will be interesting to see how well that will work from a commercial perspective. Of course you can mix genres within a set, but there's got to be some sensible limit to keep it coherent.

• CTW Members
QUOTE (betty boop @ Sep 6 2004, 11:55)
yes, this is probably why I find it hard to really get into a mixed genre set, as I find it too choppy changy and all over the place. It confuses me, which is not hard to do blushing.gif

Personally I think The Gallery has a good policy -- starting with funky/proggy house and working up to trance and techno. But it is a steady progression, and the music is coherent -- it's all underground, credible stuff.

I think your average 'prog' head would have a bit of a problem with 'the hardest hard house', and vice versa with hard house heads.

• CTW Members
QUOTE (betty boop @ Sep 6 2004, 12:32)
well, I love the hard stuff but also like the progessive too LiquidEyes.

Me too, but we're not in the majority.

It isn't just about the actual difference between the genres, it's about the elitism and "them and us" culture.

• CTW Members

it is only like that if you allow it to be tongue.gif

All music in my opinion is excellent and although not many of us are lucky enough to appreciate it all, we should never knock others for there choice I think, but in saying that we do hahha w00t.gif It is all to easy to say *oh thats is crap* and forget that one genre maybe crap to our ears but to another's it is heaven.

oh shit tangent, sorry sorry.gif

• CTW Members

I agree with the spirit of what you're saying, but I still don't think progressive and "the hardest of hard house" are a great combination!

Like it or not, they are VERY different scenes. Not everyone is as open-minded as you!

• CTW Members

I also like rock music and classical music, but I wouldn't want to hear them on the same night out!

• CTW Members
QUOTE (LiquidEyes @ Sep 6 2004, 12:52)
I agree with the spirit of what you're saying, but I still don't think progressive and "the hardest of hard house" are a great combination!

Like it or not, they are VERY different scenes. Not everyone is as open-minded as you!

nope agree, we are not all the same, be rather boring I guess if we were eh grin.gif

But it should be about the music end of the day, but we are all aware it goes deeper etc thumbsdown.gif

Can you imagine havin it on the dance floor to say Paul Glazby and he dropped a Vivaldi autumn in his set w00t.giflol.gif

• CTW Members
QUOTE (benrostwood @ Sep 6 2004, 12:25)
i know a few people who like it.

A few people isnt going to fill a club though.

• 2 months later...
  • CTW Members

Have to agree with LE here.. be diverse in the music as much as you can get away with BUT you stil have to think of compatibility too.

May not be what you want but if its what makes the night a success and fills the place up with people who will enjoy and stay for ALL the night then so be it. smile.gif

You Can Never Have Too Much Of A Good Thing :wink:
It'd Be Rude Not 2!! *I Need A Tissue*
MSN: Claire___DC @hotmail.com  Email: clairedc @ dsl .pipex .com