Final Scratch 2

Phil rr

• CTW Members

From their website

"...FinalScratch 2. This complete package lets you play digital music files from any analog turntable or CD player..."

from A.N. Other msg board (posts not from me)...

Originally posted by Dj Spiel

>Man, I am still confused. WHat does Finalscratch really do?

>

>It let's you mix on a Computer? With mp3's?

It lets you mix digital files (MP3, WAVs, AIFFs etc) using turntables. You get special vinyls with it when you buy which makes it possible for finalscratch to determine where on the vinyl you're playing and hence play MP3s just as you would play vinyl. Anything you can do with vinyl you should be able to do with digital files.

Discuss !!??

Edited by Phil rr

• CTW DJs

..something I've been doing in excess of 3 years (although now vinyl) with a simple prog called Carrotdj - it did what it was required to do - play two mp3s with speed/pitch control, eq kills and a cross fader - more importantly though, you could assign left deck and right deck their own phono outs on the sound card, thereby, allowing perfect integration with vinyl on the standard mixer.

DJ SOFTWARE THAT DOES IT FOR YOU MAKES YOU LOOK STUPID

I hated people saying, "oh , you mix with a pc, does it do it for you..?"

My response, after swearing under my breath alot was, "Just watch, and listen, ok?"

That usually worked as Vinyl Dj's would look at what I was doing and 95% of them decided mp3s, without any visual wave of the track, were more difficult as you couldn't see the whole record : hence, a need to Know Your Tunes...

Anyway, mp3 mixing will NEVER replace the vinyl Dj but, there is certainly a place for integration between the two..

Steve

• CTW DJs

Oh, btw.

BIG BIG drawback of mp3 mixing - YOU CANT SPINBACK !!! (without using samples)

Is this something that Final Scratch two overcomes with the "extra" bit of kit bolted on your deck ?