sample cd's for production

Tony P

• CTW Admin

u mean cds with say .flp files people have made and synth setting and stuff like that? and material u can actaully see how the tune / riff is constructed in noted etc rather than a whole?

• CTW Members

A couple of good ones for Hard House etc are called Nu House and Interface Dance both by Zero G. Alot of people will tell you the sounds on them have been done to death but i see it as its what you do to the sounds that make the difference

http://www.zero-g.co.uk

Edited by ChrisT

• CTW Admin

tony check out google m8 - i found system f - out of the blue as a fruity file (*.flp) its the proper full Ferry corsten extended mix and is fantastic to manipulate and is very learning - do u want me to send it u - are u on msn at all?

• CTW Members

Most of the music technology magazines come with sample CDs each month. I'm subscribed to Music Tech magazine. There's also Future Music and Computer Music.

• CTW DJs

cheers chris mate, i'll have a look at that

and thnaks si, that's what i've been doing

cheers andy i try to buy that as often as possible but wondered if there were cd's that were more specific to the music i want to produce (if you get what i mean)

thanks guys grin.gif

• CTW Members
QUOTE (Tony.P @ Sep 30 2004, 23:23)
if there were cd's that were more specific to the music i want to produce (if you get what i mean)

sometimes the best thing is to look in other genres for inspiration tho, don't just pigeon hole yourself, look around a lot at whatever you can, whether u like the genre or not, cos you may find something that you like and could manipulate to suit your needs. stops one type of music becoming too samey

smile.gif

I was going to post a gag about flagellation, necrophilia and bestiality but it's just flogging a dead horse.

• CTW Members

^ Agreed with Ben. I make a lot of my best techy loops by using 'real' drum sample CDs, samples from drum & bass records, etc etc -- I don't have a single 'techno sample CD'!

Having said that, it pays to have a big selection of house-style kicks, claps and hihats. PM me your MSN and I'll send you a ZIP file with a good selection, when I get the chance over the weekend.

• 1 month later...