Bounce or Bosh??

djandrewmartin

• CTW Members

Hey everyone!

With the hard dance scene taking many directions now, I would like to know what you prefer. Do you prefer the bouncy style hard house or the more techy sounds? Living where I do, I have become a little bored of relentless beats and not enough melody and uplift.

To go out and see DJs like Adam Beyer, Rush, Chris Liebing, Monika Kruse and loads of others has become a little monotonous for me. They are great DJs for sure, but the beats are a bit samey sometimes now. I have visited the Uk many times over the past year or so, searching for the uplift and crescendos that Hard House does so well.

I'm a little concerned that with the more techy direction the scene is taking it will just become less uplifting overall and less enjoyable after a while.

Dont get me wrong, I love techno, but is there a certain amount of excitement we have to try to keep in the music?

I would love to read your opinion about this issue.

Peace, love and unity.

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• CTW Members

Horses for courses.

I find most hard house DJs incredibly boring. I find a good techno set absolutely gripping. Melody is only one of many dimensions of music -- a tune can have no melody whatsoever, but still be incredibly uplifting, and have loads of depth.

Personally I love the 'groove' of proper techno -- it's not just about mindless boshing, it's about shuffly beats, the twisted basslines, the deluge of original & surprising sounds...

• CTW Promotors

Definately the techier sound HH for me, im not a fan of the bounce at all, it went away & should IMO stay away tongue.gifwink.gif

So for me its bosh not bounce thumbsup.gif

Techno, Techno, Techno

• CTW Members

If i have to choose, then its the techier sound for me. Calver style.

• CTW Members

i hate the "classic" alternate-boing style "hard house"...

and a hoover is the quickest way for me to vacate the dancefloor sorry.gif

also i love formulaic breakdowns in every tune, which go silent for 30 secs...then slowly build up...hang for 2 seconds, then do it all again for another 2 hours. no.gif

• CTW DJs

surely bouncy hardhouse should be called 'hard speed garage'.... thats what it sounds like anyway!

tbh, I find going to different nights and hearing different djs play different music helps me to appreciate hardcore and hard dance more when I do go out to those nights - otherwise I get sick of ALWAYS hearing the same tracks every weekend mad.gif

Coming soon...

4th March 2006, VALVE SOUNDSYSTEM @ Sheffield Uni with Pendulum, Roni Size, Dillinja, Sub Focus and more!!!

• CTW Members
QUOTE (Chris Hutchinson @ Oct 4 2004, 10:03)
surely bouncy hardhouse should be called 'hard speed garage'.... thats what it sounds like anyway!

Amusingly, the 'bouncy' style of hard house music neither sounds 'hard' nor is it particularly 'housey'.

Perhaps it should be renamed "supersonic Brie" (i.e. fast, soft cheese).

• CTW Promotors

didnt Ingo have something to do with original bounce?? or am I confuddled? I know he brought about a sound that people loved for a while then it went down the pan, IMO if it was bounce & it should not be brought back thumbsdown.giftongue.gif

Techno, Techno, Techno

• CTW Members

QUOTE (djandrewmartin @ Sep 30 2004, 22:35)
Dont get me wrong, I love techno, but is there a certain amount of excitement we have to try to keep in the music?

Who says techno isn't exciting?

Who says that music has to be watered down (with melodies, blatant hooks etc) to be exciting?

Whether a song is 'catchy' or 'memorable' has little bearing on how exciting it is; it mainly just determines how popular/accessible it will be.

Edited by LiquidEyes

• CTW DJs

since i've started to look into the way music is put together, i am appreciating music alot more. more so the tunes that haven't got that "big hook" but the ones that have got a good rhythm/groove and flow well.

think this is why i'm getting into techno

• CTW DJs
QUOTE (LiquidEyes @ Oct 5 2004, 09:51)
Perhaps it should be renamed "supersonic Brie" (i.e. fast, soft cheese).

hahahaha, think that sums it up perfectly lol.gif

Coming soon...

4th March 2006, VALVE SOUNDSYSTEM @ Sheffield Uni with Pendulum, Roni Size, Dillinja, Sub Focus and more!!!

• CTW Members

QUOTE (Chris Hutchinson @ Oct 4 2004, 10:03)

tbh, I find going to different nights and hearing different djs play different music helps me to appreciate hardcore and hard dance more when I do go out to those nights - otherwise I get sick of ALWAYS hearing the same tracks every weekend  mad.gif

same here

i like the styles to stay completly seperate thou.

dont like techny hardhouse.

if i want to hear techno id rather go to a techno event.