Bounce or Bosh??

djandrewmartin

QUOTE (LTM @ Oct 8 2004, 22:10)

God what a bore, what a boring style of music, what a dull crowd. All in all Techno is just shit I wouldn't be to fussed if the people who listened to it didn't talk out of their crack 24/7.

Hard House is just a fucking joke no thanks to fat fucks like Glazby and Karim. And why is it ugly fuckers populate Hard House clubs? I like the odd bit of UK style Hard Trance tho.

I personally don't go to see DJs to check out their appearance. I go to listen to the music they play which is the music I like.

Why don't you just get over the simple fact that alot of people are open minded when it comes to music genres and stop coming on here on your almighty high horse cussing people because of what they like which may differ to your taste ? Techno is by far the LEAST boring genre. I think i prefer Techno style than hardhouse to be perfectly honest. But each to the their own, innit.

Get over it man. But then, why should you care what we all think when it comes to Techno and Hardhouse (or anything, for that matter)?

In your own words, James ..

Club The World is the shittest website filled with dull pussies.

Why would you want to endorse such a shit hole?

PS .. nice post count.

PPS ... mwa

smile.gif

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• CTW Members
QUOTE (Phil rr @ Oct 8 2004, 23:08)

but hard house is shite.

[joke] excited.gif

• CTW Members

by the way i love techno, it's music you can get into without being forced into it....doesn't stop and start all the time...doesn't TRY to be anything, doesn't TRY to be hard, doesn't TRY to be hands-in-the-air...it's just a beat, with variations, which you can sink into, and roll with. throb.gif

That's the best thing about Techno. Everything i.e the percussion blends in so smoooothly, liek a layer upon layer with different sounds etc.

That said, to properly appreciate Techno, it's best heard through a very good sound system.

I never used to like Techno. But that was when I was very narrow minded about music genres when I first got into the clubbing scene. But it was thanks to Lisa and Tony and our little after parties back at their house, with their quality sound system, along with their excellent wide range of Techno, that got me right into it. I have never looked back and I never will either. grin.gif

• CTW DJs

I found the problem with people hating techno is that they have only seen shit techno djs playing the stuff...

When you have a dj using 4 decks at once creating a completely new piece of music, from 4 different pieces, and they pull it off whilst cutting, scratching, using fx etc. it looks and sounds fantastic!!

Umek is definately one to see for people who dont like techno imo... worked for me a few years back anyway!!

Coming soon...

4th March 2006, VALVE SOUNDSYSTEM @ Sheffield Uni with Pendulum, Roni Size, Dillinja, Sub Focus and more!!!

• CTW Members

You say techno isn't very try hard, maybe the music, and me face it it's just loops. Tho the crowd are as try hard as you like. Take Dave Clarke, the biggest wanker in the industry bar none.

• CTW Members
QUOTE (Lisa @ Oct 8 2004, 22:33)
LTM, for the record firstly my picture I posted wasnt calling you a cock, it was just a joke in reply to your comment ref others being a cock & if you are going to post in the music forums fair enough but can you please try & be a bit more constructive with replies other than its shit etc with the genres you dislike, we are all fully aware now you dislike everything bar hardstyle/trance & classical.

It gets boring reading comments all the time slating genres thumbsdown.gif

Also your reply says more to me that you yourself seem to be the one who thinks he is a know it all & is talking out of his arse crack, thanks & good day w00t.gif

Nah man I'm just expressing my opinion and I just think Hard House and Techno is shit not just the music but the people too. That's what I think deal with it.

QUOTE (LTM @ Oct 9 2004, 19:05)

Nah man I'm just expressing my opinion and I just think Hard House and Techno is shit not just the music but the people too. That's what I think deal with it.

Why does liking hardhouse and techno make people shit ?

You are doing a fine job by yourself, by making yourself look 'shit'.

Get over yourself for christ sake.

• CTW Members
QUOTE (LTM @ Oct 9 2004, 19:03)
it's just loops

All fucking dance music is just loops! All this discussion shows is that either:

1. You have never heard any good techno. You are judging the genre by a few crap CDs/DJs/nights. You wouldn't judge hard house by Tidy Trax or trance by Alice Deejay would you.

and/or

2. You have made no effort to get into it. Blatantly you don't appreciate music unless you make some degree of proactive effort to seek out the good stuff. Your responses tell me that you have written off the genre, and you're not even interested in people's recommendations. The image of a grumpy child with his fingers in his ears springs to mind...

and/or

3. You don't have any appreciation for the subtleties of music. When you listen to classical music, do you just listen to the melodies? The chords? Or do you actually listen to the texture, the dynamics, the form? Techno has ALL of these things, just like ALL good music.

If someone came up to your and said "melodic trance is all cheese", what would you say to them?

Answer: you'd say "you're listening to the wrong stuff mate".

But quite clearly you've made up your mind, and you don't want to admit that you've made no effort to get into techno...

• CTW Members

Wow.

This has got very interesting.

I think there have been some very interesting points raised.

As I said, I like techno very much. But one of the main things that concerns me a lot, is that the gaining popularity of techno will have a similar effect as prog house. A couple of years ago when DJs like Steve Lawler and Danny Tenaglia were having their hayday, the music became popular, but was becoming more about the groove and interesting sounds rather than uplifting crescendos and hair raising melodies. As a result, reports started coming out in Mixmag like, "is boring the new interesting" and DJs like Steve Lawler being asked: "is house music dead and is it your fault". The industry took a mjor blow after the year 2001 being named the year of progressive. 2002 places like Ibiza, suffered major losses in tourism and clubs becoming very empty.

On the development side, the music was taking a different direction. For good or for worse is another debate.

I think what I am trying to say is, when tracks like Quench "Dreams" came out, there was an immediate hair raising impact created by that melody that we all know so well. Many other tracks have had a similar impact. My question is, with the new direction focussing on grooves rather than uplifting, orgasmus sounds, will it just become monotous and dull, and dancefloors becoming emptier as the older generation leaves the dancefloor for mortgages and there is no immediately impacting tunes to attract a newer generation onto the floor?

I would really like to hear your feedback on this.

Peace.

• CTW Members

You make it sound as though "grooves are boring, melodies are interesting"!

Who gives a shit what the music press think?

What "killed" progressive (ok slight exaggeration) was boring grooves, not lack of melody. Zillions of people churned out almost identical tracks, and the market was flooded with mediocrity. But the same can be said for any music genre that becomes popular/mainstream (trance circa 2000-1, hard house circa 2002-3, etc).

• CTW Members

QUOTE (LiquidEyes @ Oct 9 2004, 21:00)
QUOTE (LTM @ Oct 9 2004, 19:03)
it's just loops

All fucking dance music is just loops! All this discussion shows is that either:

1. You have never heard any good techno. You are judging the genre by a few crap CDs/DJs/nights. You wouldn't judge hard house by Tidy Trax or trance by Alice Deejay would you.

and/or

2. You have made no effort to get into it. Blatantly you don't appreciate music unless you make some degree of proactive effort to seek out the good stuff. Your responses tell me that you have written off the genre, and you're not even interested in people's recommendations. The image of a grumpy child with his fingers in his ears springs to mind...

and/or

3. You don't have any appreciation for the subtleties of music. When you listen to classical music, do you just listen to the melodies? The chords? Or do you actually listen to the texture, the dynamics, the form? Techno has ALL of these things, just like ALL good music.

If someone came up to your and said "melodic trance is all cheese", what would you say to them?

Answer: you'd say "you're listening to the wrong stuff mate".

But quite clearly you've made up your mind, and you don't want to admit that you've made no effort to get into techno...

You presume.

I give every music a chance, I'm not stuck in my Trance loving ways and stay there I am quite eclectic I like garage, house, hip hop, drum & bass, classical, rock, indie. I have listened to Techno before, I have gone on peoples recommendations like your mix and still it just bores me. End of, I find it lifeless, if it's not melodic then it should be groovy to keep my attention, this is why I don't like Hard House or Techno because they are not very groovy, and when I mean groove I mean soulful groove you'd probably think groove as a different thing to me. Also, music in my opinion is more then just the track, each style of music has it's scene, it's heroes, it's way of life, it's individual people. And to be frank I really don't like the up your own arseness of Techno and the messy bollocks of Hard House.

Hope that answers all your questions. ZzzZzz

Edited by LTM

• CTW Members

Loving the Nrg Techno at the moment as i think thats the way forward at the mo as alot of producers are going that way.

As for bounce just dont see how there could be a revival when it is rare to come accross new Bouncey tunes being produced as most tunes coming out are more techy.

I like Bouncey Hard House when that was the sound in the clubs but today sounds out of date, bounce to be revived should be a a fresh sounding or take a slightly different direction to bring it upto date in my opinion.

Music evolves with time as Hard House has changed many times so it natural to progress in to something new and different rather than going back to sound that has had its time.

Its the clubbers who should decide what music we listen to and how the dance scene evolves rather than being told what to listen to.

Harder the better!