Bounce or Bosh??

djandrewmartin

• CTW Members
QUOTE (LTM @ Oct 10 2004, 22:47)
I have gone on peoples recommendations like your mix and still it just bores me.

Did you honestly listen to my mix all the way through? It's pretty diverse -- I defy anyone to dislike EVERY track!!

I find it lifeless, if it's not melodic then it should be groovy to keep my attention, this is why I don't like Hard House or Techno because they are not very groovy

Techno is the grooviest music I know of! It can be every bit as groovy as the funkiest funky house. To be honest, I find it hard to believe you could have listened to my mix and still think techno isn't groovy.

And to be frank I really don't like the up your own arseness of Techno

Did you read that in Mixmag? It's all in your head mate...

Anyway, how can a genre of music be up its own arse?

I agree that certain genres such as d&b and techno attract certain 'elitist' listeners, who sincerely believe their music is better than anybody else's. But why judge a whole genre because of a dickhead minority?

Music is music, I couldn't give a shit whether my favourite music happens to attract a few dickheads (the same could be said for garage...)

Ironically, you are behaving exactly like the elitist techno-heads you're slagging off ... i.e. trying to make out that your favourite music is better than somebody else's.

Open your mind dude.

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• CTW DJs
QUOTE (LiquidEyes @ Oct 11 2004, 08:29)
Open your mind dude.

aye, and shut your mouth.

LiamStyles
Bet you look good on the dancefloor
*LiamStyles - mixes on rotation*
Current mix "No Concept Of Time" CLICK HERE

• CTW Members
QUOTE (LTM @ Oct 10 2004, 22:47)
I have gone on peoples recommendations like your mix and still it just bores me.

Did you honestly listen to my mix all the way through? It's pretty diverse -- I defy anyone to dislike EVERY track!!

I find it lifeless, if it's not melodic then it should be groovy to keep my attention, this is why I don't like Hard House or Techno because they are not very groovy

Techno is the grooviest music I know of! It can be every bit as groovy as the funkiest funky house. To be honest, I find it hard to believe you could have listened to my mix and still think techno isn't groovy.

And to be frank I really don't like the up your own arseness of Techno

Did you read that in Mixmag? It's all in your head mate...

Anyway, how can a genre of music be up its own arse?

I agree that certain genres such as d&b and techno attract certain 'elitist' listeners, who sincerely believe their music is better than anybody else's. But why judge a whole genre because of a dickhead minority?

Music is music, I couldn't give a shit whether my favourite music happens to attract a few dickheads (the same could be said for garage...)

Ironically, you are behaving exactly like the elitist techno-heads you're slagging off ... i.e. trying to make out that your favourite music is better than somebody else's.

Open your mind dude.

You gotta understand that what you think is gold others think of as worthless granite. I listened to your mix from start to finish and I generally found it lifeless, grooveless and just not to my taste. And no I'm not insisting Trance, House, Hardstyle whatever is better I'm just giving my reasons why I don't like Techno and Hard House. To me being up your own arse is when certain acts can't take Trance fans seriously as if the fans of Melodic Trance couldn't possibly be into their music as much as their beloved Techno crowd. Three techno artists that fit the description perfect, Dave Clark, MR C and Sven Vath.

• CTW Members
QUOTE (LiamStyles @ Oct 11 2004, 15:46)
Open your mind dude.

aye, and shut your mouth.

No.

• CTW DJs

fair enough, was worth a try.

Dude, there are techno followers who are up their own arse, but Ive met just as many in all scenes of dance music that i have been involved with.

LiamStyles
Bet you look good on the dancefloor
*LiamStyles - mixes on rotation*
Current mix "No Concept Of Time" CLICK HERE

• CTW Members
QUOTE (LTM @ Oct 11 2004, 16:04)
To me being up your own arse is when certain acts can't take Trance fans seriously as if the fans of Melodic Trance couldn't possibly be into their music as much as their beloved Techno crowd. Three techno artists that fit the description perfect, Dave Clark, MR C and Sven Vath.

Who gives a stuff if a few people are elitist twats. You seem to have a real hang-up about melodic trance not being taken seriously, yet no-one on here is actually slagging it off...?

I can deal with the fact that techno is not your cuppa tea, but clearly you can't deal with the fact that other people genuinely like it.

If you just admitted that you're not into more rhythm & texture focussed music (as opposed to melodic music), instead of writing off whole genres & music scenes as "boring" or "shit", maybe people would take you seriously.

I am not particularly into r&b or hip hip but I can see why other people like it.

I like trance, just overly melody-focussed stuff is not my main sort of thing any more. Going back a few years I bought shedloads of the stuff, but as time has moved on I have yearned for more depth and diversity in my music. There is so much more to music than a "tuneful tune"... as I am always trying to explain to my mum... smile.gif