PMs are Private Messages

• CTW Admin

All,

I thought I'd better just make it crystal clear that your Private Messages on this site ARE indeed PRIVATE.

There has been speculation that perhaps other members can get into your private messages - this is NOT the case. Anyone doing so would have to either be told your password or guess your password, or hack into the backend mySQL database (which to be honest even I dont know the live password as I have the forums hosted for me at Invision), or run the MySQL toolbox in the Admin control panel to query the 'messages' table (which only I have access to - even the Moderators on this site dont have access to this).

There have been rumors that a few members HAVE had their Private Messages hacked into and the contents of which shared with others. I have followed up EVERY single complaint and have come to the conclusion that there is no firm evidence to back this up.

Have faith in that anyone caught abusing the site or the message system will be instantly banned for life - which means they wont be able to even read their own PMs.

Anyone who knows the Invision board forum software will know its one of the best out there and that the passwords are encrypted - which means even the Moderators and Admins (i.e. me) cant see the passwords. The ONLY way someone could log into someone else's account would be for an Admin (i.e. me) to CHANGE the password of a person's profile and then login to their account using the new password. This has never been done on CTW as there has been no need to, but if it was done at some point for whatever reason the said member would know immediately that their password had been changed and would then have solid evidence to come to me with. Of course the other way is for someone to guess an incredibly easy password - so I suggest you use something which is difficult for peopel to guess / not a real word. Also please try and change your password regularly - I change mine every week - but please dont use day names !

This is something I take very seriously however I would suggest you dont exchange really valuable information or use the PM system to keep track of passwords / PIN numbers etc.. etc..

Anyone who has a SERIOUS problem with either myself, the moderators or any of the members regarding the PM system please will you contact me in confidence ASAP on 07799 038836 - I really want to put an end to the ridiculous speculation that had gone round recently.

To sum up only I as 'Admin' have access to the full board and I expect people to trust me and realise the reason I set this site up - it was certainly not to start delving into members personal lives !

On another note the information you provide to CTW on registration such as your real email address is classed as PRIVATE and as such your email addresses and contact information will NEVER be disclosed / sold to a third party. We all get enough shite email as it is - we dont need more. If you look at your past emails you will see CTW have sent no more than one a month - in fact most months no newsletters have been sent out at all as none of us have had time ! The other thing we dont do is send e-flyers out for promotors - people can see what events are on in the forums and the flash banners, they dont need to be emailed as well. Also note that CTW cant cash any cheques / monies from advertisers as the bank account was ditched quite a while back due to the costs of running it and any accounts etc.. - its precisely this reason that we work on a "we'll help you out if you help us" basis. Also as I've mentioned before I personally earn enough money out of my main job to keep CTW and my other projects running - I have absolutely NO intention of ever turning this site into any other than a simple meeting place for potential friends to meet, for free - and also to help people share valuable information with each other. If you want to join the team and you feel you can stick at something and you are in music/clubbing for the LOVE of it - please contact me

To sum up;

a. Private Messages are PRIVATE

b. This site is NON-PROFIT/NON-REVENUE making - if you want to help out, for free, then great

ps. One more thing - anyone who insists on re-registering on this site purely to try and shit stir or who starts to accuse either myself or one of the moderators of abusing our positions will be instantly banned - I really have had enough of these childish accusations. If you have a problem with myself, my girlfriend Maria or my very good friends Tony & Lisa then please contact me personally ASAP to discuss.

Thanks

James@ClubTheWorld.uk
CTW AdminClubTheWorld.uk | Twitter | Instagram
ctw_post_signature_small.gif
Clubbing the world, together ...