Atomic Energy SIX, As Above So Below @Mass, Brixton (Saturday 5th February 2005)

Lisa

• CTW Promotors
Hey lisa, Mr. Ashley is gonna try and set up a wireless network at Mass tomorrow so he can stream the night via harddance.net I'll give you a text if he's successful so you can tune in!

Miss you and Mr. P already!

x x x

156618[/snapback]

Oooh that's wicked stuff honey, I can shut my eyes & pretend im there with you all, lets hope Mark is successful happydance.gifhappydance.gif

Have brill night all of you & big hello's to Les, Dave, Mike, JP, Mark, Kev etc etc grouphug.gifbeer.gif xxx

Techno, Techno, Techno

Well I had an absolute BRILLIANT night !

Was quality to meet you Eryk, and your CD is the NADS ! I am well gutted about it being the last event for a while sad.gif It really is such an excellent event and you and Lisa were right, thr crowd was ace ! I felt really comfortable throughout, which is a rarerity for me going to new places !

Far better than hardhouse FOR SURE !!!!!!

yay.gif

• CTW Members
Well I had an absolute BRILLIANT night !

Was quality to meet you Eryk, and your CD is the NADS !  I am well gutted about it being the last event for a while sad.gif  It really is such an excellent event and you and Lisa were right, thr crowd was ace !  I felt really comfortable throughout, which is a rarerity for me going to new places !

Far better than hardhouse FOR SURE !!!!!!

yay.gif

156820[/snapback]

Hiya Honey, it was wicked to finally meet you and James too, glad you had a wicked time and are enjoying the Cd. Hopefully I'll be able to get more chance to have a chat with ya next time we're out (at one point it took me an hour to get from the Live room to the Psy room coz I was chinning wagging with various people in between!)

Looking forward to seeing you again but for now young lady you've got college work to do!

x x x

I was rather gutted I couldn't get to chat to you longer, but you had so many fans bless lol.gifwink.gif I will be writting up the Review either tonight or tomorrow and I will mail it to you - I will check with James when he is putting up the photos and I'll send them also .. hope you have recovered - I have just about tongue.gif

Can't believe how great this event was - I am kicking myself for not going to any of the past ones sad.gif I think I need to give myself a slap tongue.gif

Looking forward to seeing you again too happydance.gifyay.gif

Take care x x x

• CTW Admin

@Eryk Orpheus,

I have to say mate, I was absolutely blown over by the quality of the music. I had absolutely no idea you were producing this stuff, let alone mixing it, and after speaking to a few people at the event is was clear that THIS was truly the style of music most people preferred - much more to the music what with more complex drum patterns and rhythms etc.. I must admit at one point I questioned why the hell I'd been into straight Hard House for such a long time and I hadn't taken a week or two out to try the likes of Atomic Energy etc... I cant believe I hand't even tried Mass before, even after SO many had said QUALITY things about it. I guess I was a classic case of being one of those people who went along with the mainstream and opted for a Frantic Or Wildchild etc. event. Kind of kicking myself now, especially as I've learnt that this was one of the (if not THE) last Atomic events ??????

Eryk, if there is anything I or anyone on here can do to either promote YOU or the event then let me/us know ASAP - for me you are a TRUE artist and deserve the respect that many of the DJs (let alone producers) in the Hardhouse arena get today.

Its so nice to see people such as yourselves TRULY in this for the 'music' and you should get the respect you deserve.

After listening to the CDs/ mixes provided to me/Maria both before and after that event I think people like you should get far more appreciation and respect than you do, its people like YOU who I want to go out and listen to in my free time mate.

Have got the upmost respect for you and people like you Eryk, please dont give up what you are doing and as I say if there is ANYTHING I or one of the team here can do for you please let us know.

I had one of the best nights I've EVER had last Saturday, I loved the music, I loved the crowd, and to be honest it totally reminded me of what clubbing and music is ALL ABOUT.

Nice one mate, nice one

James@ClubTheWorld.uk
CTW AdminClubTheWorld.uk | Twitter | Instagram
ctw_post_signature_small.gif
Clubbing the world, together ...

• CTW Members

James: how long have you been into this stuff Phil? [psy etc]

me: couple of years

James: why didn't you tell me about it before?

me: I DID :headbash:

James i've been to about 4 chichime (pure psy trance) and 2 or 3 AE's before, at mass and EQ warehouse, i TRIED to get you to come along to each them but NO ONE was INTERESTED (wild child does usually clash with chichime)

gurr.

• Haha 1

• CTW Promotors
Phil rr said:
James: how long have you been into this stuff Phil? [psy etc]

me: couple of years

James: why didn't you tell me about it before?

me: I DID :headbash:

James i've been to about 4 chichime (pure psy trance) and 2 or 3 AE's before, at mass and EQ warehouse, i TRIED to get you to come along to each them but NO ONE was INTERESTED (wild child does usually clash with chichime)

gurr.

157124[/snapback]

Haha Phil this is James to a tee mate!!

he heard pys trance for the first time at mine an age ago, *hallucinogen* & *infected mushroom* & also same night I played him some trancecore/freeform & speedcore & he said exactly the same then to me hahah *why the hell have I not been told or heard this stuff before, it is awesome*

sieve brain James & needs to get out more I think /style_emoticons/default/w00t.gif/style_emoticons/default/bigwink.gif

Techno, Techno, Techno

• CTW Admin

Guys - I think the issue before as that I was being pulled in all directions by either members or promotors to go to events I didnt necessarily want to go to as I had other plans but couldn't change them for the sake of being professional.

Things are different now as I'm slightly more selfish about where I go now and what with not doing the CTW DJ thing and being tied into this or that event I can afford to now just make last minute decisions as to where I want to go.

After last Saturday I've decided I would FAR rather go to events like these - not just because of the music but because the atmosphere seemed to be a lot different and how i remember clubbing used to be when i first started going out - the people were all really friendly and as were the door staff - all this just added up to a really relaxing experience as it felt more like a house party in certain rooms. I also always love it when the DJ/Producer is down on the clubbers level and you dont have a stupid amount of security round them. In fact I much prefer the quieter places now as I like to be able to get a drink within 2 minutes and not have to queue and I prefer room to dance (ok, jump about lol) in.

Atomic Energy and Mass (cant believe I handt been there before either, especially following so many good reviews) is defo the kind of place where you could go each week or month and get to speak to more and more people who you noticed being there the previous time. All this then results in the crowd being even more up for it and friendly as you dont get attitude in smaller places/rooms such as these.

When I saw @Eryk Orpheus play I remember thinking "WHY THE FOOK ISN'T HE DOING THIS AT THE LIKES OF FRANTIC AND WILDCHILD EVENTS" etc.. Now I know the music it different but I reckon ALL my hardhouse friends would LOVE this music and also both of these promotions have done events in conjuction with the likes of Slammin Vinyl and other hardcore event - so why not PYS TRANCE!?

Eryk deserves to be up there with the best - and he's not just a DJ - he's actually PRODUCING these tunes and playing them on stage - if there was such an event whereby ALL the people playing were playing live I'd be there every night! The only other ones I can think of I've seen are Lab4 and K90 but this is a different style. If anyone know of anymore Pys trance live acts then LET ME KNOW!

I'd also like to know what other Psy Trance events are out there and where - am defo prepared to travel to these types of events.

I remember @alasdairm put up info and sent me a CD YEARS ago and it was only late last year I actually put it on - for some reason I thought that if not that many were talking about this genre it couldnt be that good - how stupid - thank god Lisa and Tony put on some tinrib etc at their house cos it TOTALLY changed my music taste - this music to me just seems to make 'more sense' and is far more 'logical' - even if you havent heard a track before your mind kind of accepts coming next as being 'correct' - i cant quite explain myself. I would personally LOVE to get into producing this stuff myself one day, but thats a way off. Would like to speak to Eryk about any tips he can give which are specific to this genre. I'm hoping Tony is working on this type of stuff as well lisa !

I say we get the WORD OUT about this stuff - its our duty to !

(I rushed this note again as i'm still at work but by Psy/Pys above you know what i mean!)

James@ClubTheWorld.uk

• CTW Admin

Forgot to mention that I'll get pics up tonight when i get home - so far i've either been working late or out for kick off meetings at work all this week. I must admit I could have taken more pics but for once i was on the dancefloor for a bit and was just enjoying the music - next event i'll do more hopefully.

Also let Eryk know we'll put up whatever info he wants for him personally and events like this - for example he may want us to put up some kind of profile for him. (I'm talking to Eddie about a better/proper CTW template which will show off all our articles/profiles much better and give them better visibility.)

James@ClubTheWorld.uk

• CTW Promotors

Yep he sure is quality eh James /style_emoticons/default/notworthy.gif/style_emoticons/default/notworthy.gif

Yep there are some wicked events out there to be tried & tested /style_emoticons/default/happydance.gif

It is a shame you didn't experience AE at The EQ warehouse, wow wicked /style_emoticons/default/excited.gif It really went well there, but the venue although fooking awesome & had a great feel was a wee bit out the way.

Im not a fan of The Mass & think AE could do better somewhere else & somewhere smaller, more intermate but thats my opinion haha.

it is def one of the best events out there for the good old, underground party feel & friendly vibe.

I am sooo gutted we missed this one /style_emoticons/default/sad.gif eryk when we see you on the 20th bring your kit in the house & bang it out for me ok /style_emoticons/default/happydance.gif/style_emoticons/default/huggles.gif

Techno, Techno, Techno

• CTW Promotors
eek.gif hahah ive just read the last bit of my last reply & it sounds rude excited.gif

Techno, Techno, Techno

Eryk, I have the review all composed and ready to go up on your site grin.gif I will send it to you via e:mail this evening. Thanks again for a truely, AWESOME night, and roll on 9pm !! happydance.gif x x x

• James changed the title to Atomic Energy SIX, As Above So Below @Mass, Brixton (Saturday 5th February 2005)