Gatecrasher 14th birthday @ Magna

goshow

• CTW Members

This should be a belter of a night, might even come out of retirment for this one.

The old CTW meet ups at Crasher NEC used to be awesome, they were real clubbing nights and we used to get a good 40 or 50 CTWers there.

What do you reckon James, is it time to get that flashing cyberdog alien t-shirt and those glow sticks out again?

http://www.clubbingnetwork.com/cgi-bin/Ima...;img=32&tt=

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

UPDATED PRESS RELEASE:

GATECRASHER ANNOUNCES 14th BIRTHDAY EXTRAVAGANZA @ Magna

- SATURDAY 22ND SEPTEMBER 2007-

Global DJ superstars Paul Van Dyk and Judge Jules have been announced as the headline acts for Gatecrasher’s sensational 14th birthday party, promising clubbers a night of musical mayhem and lasting memories.

Taking place on the 22nd September 2007, the setting for the night will be the industrial sized fortress that is Magna, located near Sheffield. The venue will be equipped with all of Gatecrasher’s latest audiovisual and sound technology, to ensure that clubbers are presented with an unforgettable clubbing experience.

New York natives Filo & Peri, who are filling dance floors across the nation this summer with their tune “Anthem”, will be igniting the main room before the guest of honour and DJ superstar Paul Van Dyk takes over. Van Dyk will perform a dazzling THREE hour sensation recorded for broadcast on Galaxy FM. This will be followed by a late night set from legendary Gatecrasher stalwart Judge Jules.

And that’s not all. John ’00’ Fleming and Gatecrasher favourite Matt Hardwick will also be on hand to ensure the night goes with a bang, alongside resident musical maestro’s Riley & Durrant.

Make sure you don’t miss out on this monumental event, it will be a sell out, call the ticket line now on 0870 282 726 or log on to www.gatecrasher.com/tickets. For those wanting an extra special night to remember can order early bird VIP tickets through the website only for just £39.50 (plus booking fee), regular VIP tickets are £45.00 (plus booking fee).

22nd September, 2006

Gatecrasher 14th Birthday @ MAGNA, Sheffield Road, Templeborough, Rotherham, S60 1DX

9.30pm – 6am

| MAIN ARENA – CRASHER |

Paul Van Dyk (3 hour set)

Judge Jules

John 00 Fleming

Matt Hardwick

Filo & Peri

Riley & Durrant

| ROOM 2 - GATECRASHER CLASSICS |

Judge Jules

Matt Hardwick

Scott Bond

Riley & Durrant

JFK

Tickets:

Standard tickets: £29.50 + BF

Earlybird VIP tickets £39.50 + BF (ONLINE ONLY)

Regular VIP tickets £45.00 + BF

Credit Card Bookings: 08704 282 726

WWW.GATECRASHER.COM/TICKETS

For more information visit www.gatecrasher.com

Gatecrasher catch up with the world’s No. 1 DJ ahead of his 3 hour set at the 14th Birthday

GC: Hi Paul, How are you?

PVD: Very well thankyou!

GC: It’s Gatecrasher’s 14th Birthday on 22nd September, what are your best memories of gatecrasher?

PVD: Every Single 6 Hour set has been phenomenal fro the late 90s to early 00s and when I played back in May, every time has just been absolutely phenomenal.

GC: You have always had a special relationship with the crowd at Gatecrasher, what makes it so special?

PVD: It has to do with having the same passion and enthusiasm for the music which makes us connect. Also the layout of the club and that people feel really comfortable at the events for them to really let go.

GC: How do you see the UK clubbing scene at the moment?

PVD: I find it slightly strange. I see that nights which play my sort of sound still fill clubs and for example myself are headlining major uk music festivals, but that this more ‘cheesey housey’ sort of sound receives more media attention than other genres which have a massive following such as Gatecrasher

GC: How has new dj technology allowed you to enhance your ‘live’ dj sets?

PVD: Big Time Of Course. I started DJing at around the same time as I started engineering and producing and have the same passion for each. For me the possibility of using new technology spices up the experience of electronic music and allows me to play the right elements of a track at exactly the right time. I could play your favorite track but new technology allows me to make it sound completely different. For me the Philosophy of Electronic music is breaking boundaries and the development of new technology allows me to do this.

GC: How would you describe your current musical style?

PVD: Electronic Music – Simple as that! Some people refer to as the PVD style, but it is simply elements of all the music that I love, which fits the atmosphere of a night at the right time. This is why I love doing my 6 hour sets as this allows me to enough time to develop the atmosphere.

GC: What is your current top 5?

PVD: Too hard to answer that can we skip that one please

GC: Which djs are going to be hot for 2007/08?

PVD: It is hard to say as previously when I have mentioned DJs to look out for they haven’t quite come about just yet. One man that I always say is Eddie Halliwell. He has got quite a following but I think we could see so much more. Terranova & Austin, who I am a big fan of and have recently just finished a collaboration with, on my up coming album. Also Adam Sheridan, John O’Callaghan, Jon O’Bir, John Askew… All the Johns by the looks of it.

GC: Which single piece of advice would you give to a dj wanting to be the next PVD?

PVD: Only Play the music you like. I have never played anything that I don’t like even if it is a massive track which the crowd love

GC: What’s the strangest destination you have traveled to as a dj?

PVD: I would have to say after I traveled here it became strange. It was in Beirut a couple of days before the Israelis started bombing the Lebanom. It just seemed strange that I was there a few days before a war broke out. But it is a fantastic place and the people there are really aiming for democracy, which I think the western world should support.

GC: You have been ranked #1 for the 2nd year running in dj mag’s top 100 djs, how important do you consider these polls?

PVD: I am very honored to be ranked Number 1, but I always say there would never be a number 1 without number 100. I think all people who have the opportunity to play out to a crowd should be honored.

GC: What drives you to maintain the number 1 spot?

PVD: It isn’t the number 1 spot which drives me, but my passion for what I do. I like to make people understand why I love something so much and that will allow me to continue to do what I love whether I am ranked Number 1 or 100.

GC: Thanks for your time Paul and we will see you shortly

PVD: Thank you too and I would like to wish you all a very Happy 14th Birthday and fingers crossed for the rebuild and getting things up and running again shortly.

Filo & Peri comprise of New York natives, Domenick Filopei and Bo Pericic. They first got together back in 2004 when a mutual friend introduced the pair. And since then they have been unstoppable, receiving praise from the scenes A-list and having tracks signed to the biggest house and trance music labels in the world.

GC: Hello, How are you two today?

Bo: Real great!

Dom: Indeed!

GC: Well it's been a very busy and very successful last few years for the pair of you. How does it feel to be receiving the recognition that so many others could only dream of?

Dom: Its an amazing feeling to be able to receive this type of recognition from people in Countries around the world. We are glad to share our musical minds with the clubbing community.

Bo: It's very motivating. You spend so much time working up to this that when things finally start to happen it pushes you to work even harder. We've also been blessed in having explored cultures and seen the world from many perspectives. It makes us both realize that a major part of the soul of is a thing called music! So no matter where we go we are glad people can relate to us no matter the culture or race.

GC: How old are each of you?

Dom: 27, Bo 22

GC: Your Productions have been described as 'the best dance music ever to come put of the United States'. Where do your musical influences & inspiration come from?

Bo: That's very flattering! Well it's a great honour then to even be placed in this category. Within dance music two of our favorite producers and inspirational figures are Ferry Corsten and Paul Van Dyk.

Dom: I agree! On a different note, we are not out there to make a competition out of it. I can't help but think that with a statement like that people will always compare the best from one country to the next. When we make our music we always have two things in our mind, our hearts and the people. Because at the end of the day if we are happy with the song and the people are, it doesn't matter which genre or which musical influence it took to make a great song.

GC: Where in the United States are you both from

Bronx, NY and Westchester, NY.

GC: Where has been your best gig you have played at so far?

Both: Our best gig was in Eden in Ibiza for Judgement Sundays!

GC: Your latest release 'Anthem' fest Eric Lumiere has been receiving rave reviews and been hammered by the likes of Paul van Dyk. With regards to

studio work, please explain the creative process and who tends to get more involved and in what areas?

Bo: That's the great thing about our team. Everyone is very capable of doing everything. People might even be surprised to know that there are a select number of songs which were almost totally created by either Domenick or myself.

Dom: It's just the way it is with us. We both make great music and most of the times when we put our minds together the music is even better. Anthem is a perfect example. Eric Lumiere is another amazing talent to work with in the studio and we've been producing some great results!

GC: You have a new album coming out If you could describe this in one word what would it be?

Dom: An electronic dance music album with some great-songs!

Bo: For sure. I can't help but think that a lot of the trance music today is focusing too much on the sounds and the production tricks. After all trance music is music and music is defined by the most basic element of a song.

GC: It will be your debut at Gatecrasher for the 14th birthday this September. How does it feel to be part of our birthday celebrations?

Dom: This is probably just as important an accomplishment to us as making a great song.

Bo: Yes. The energy we've seen on YouTube videos of prior gatecrasher parties seems unmatched anywhere in the world. We're both glad to be a part of that.

GC: What can the Gatecrasher crowd expect from you?

Dom: A lot of energy!

Bo: And a lot of our new productions!

GC: Is it daunting for you to appear in front of a crowd for the first time?

Bo: It's all good once you hear the roar of the crowd and hands in the air!

GC: What are Filo & Peri up to for the rest of 2007 and moving into the new year?

Dom: We are working on tunes for a possible album.

Bo: We're also working really hard on the DJ front to establish our name throughout the world.

GC: Who do you think we should watch out for in the New Year - who would be your tip for the top?

Dom: There’s so many new up and coming DJ's I wouldn't know where to begin.

GC: Who looks after Filo and Peri and why?

Bo: All of our business and moral support comes from our manager Francisco Pacheco from www.unknownworld.com - he believed in our brand before most people knew the name Filo and Peri. It's always important to find people who are true believers in what you do! All our record/release related business is looked after by Vandit, Paul Van Dyk and Francisco Pacheco.

GC: And your website?

Both: Right now check out our myspace at: www.myspace.com/filoandperi or www.filoandperi.com

GC: Well thanks for your time and we’ll see you at the birthday!

Gatecrasher Immortal Out Sept 2007

Released Ministry of Sound, 3rd September 2007

Gatecrasher IMMORTAL is an EPIC compilation album! This is the ultimate, 3 CD, Crasher experience! Bringing you the big hitters that have narrated the history of Gatecrasher, underground classics and the FUTURE smashes. IMMORTAL is the album that every crasher kid needs to fill the void this summer…!

In the wake of the unfortunate fire of legendary Sheffield nightclub in June 2007, IMMORTAL hits back with the return of SCOTT BOND to the label. Proving that Gatecrasher will not only live on but that it’s bigger, badder and more banging than ever!!

This compilation is mammoth, coming from the most iconic and influential club brand in UK’s history it celebrates all that is, and all that was, Gatecrasher. The Crasher kids have been crying out for this release; missing a fundamental part of their clubbing community. Scott Bond, Matt Hardwick & Judge Jules (three of the most renowned DJ’s synonymous with the club brand) have joined forces and stepped up to rip their way through the phattest selection of the past 14 years!

‘‘I can’t overstate the personal importance of Gatecrasher, I’ve been their most regular and long-standing DJ. Until Crasher opens its doors again, there’ll be a gaping hole in many clubbers’ lives.’’ - Judge Jules

In a tribute to Crasher’s best-known anthems CD1 brings you all that Gatecrasher does best. BIG ROOM ANTHEMS is mixed by Scott Bond, who has reunited with Gatecrasher after eight long years and is a fans favourite. This CD revives tracks York ‘On the Beach’, Delirium Feat Sarah Mclachlan ‘Silence’ and Oakenfolds ‘Southern Sun,’ which have literally shaped the Crasher generation. This entrance is absolutely stonking and will pull at the heartstrings of dance fans nationwide.

“Gatecrasher was to trance what Mary Land was to Rock ‘n’ Roll” - Zoo Weekly

THE UNDERGROUND era is summarized by old time resident Matt Hardwick. Tracks like The Thrillseekers ‘Synaesthesia’, Hybrid’s ‘Unfinished Symphony’ and Kosheen ‘Hide you’ take you back to an era of discovery. Where house music was not only progressive but more secretive, seductive and sexy.

Judge Jules’ – LOOKING FORWARD mix hits home the future sound of UK club culture. Lost Witness ’Happiness Happening’ resonates as a huge future smash- it’s utterly unstoppable and Filo and Peri Feat. Eric Lumiare ‘Anthem’ is mesmerizing! This CD alone is more than enough for the ultimate party animal!

IMMORTAL is an impressive collection representing of all that Gatecrasher stands for; longstanding smashes, unforgettable nights out and boundary breaking house music. With crashers fanatical fans at the ready, this record is going to make history!