• CTW Members

just wondered if anyone is that bothered if a DJ turns up and does sets by CD and not Vinyl??

Phil Reynolds mixed CD'S on Sat at Brixton??

• CTW Reviewers

As did Nick Sentience for the second half of his set.

Also, Picotto uses a lot of CD's, Sasha uses a lot of CD-R's that people like Hybrid do for him, Creamer & K often take lots of Cd's with them (usually stuff they've finished off that day), Tenaglia's Miami set this year consisted of 30 vinyl and about 600 CD's, and Tall Paul's studio is next to the DJ booth in turnmills (I think), she he can hand remixes/tracks as and when they are ready.

Harder. Faster. Better. Stronger. Badder. Smarter. Wub Wub

• CTW Members

i know it is easier to have new tunes quickly i.e. straight away and i know that you still have to mix the tune but it is much much easier to cd mix i think that you go all over the place to see certain DJs and the set they play could be done just as easy as by yourself or your mate. Obviously there are exceptions but its not my thing

• CTW Members

It is 'slightly' easier than vinyl, but you still have to have the ability to be able to mix to be able to mix using CDs. It's not as simple as, programme this, programme that, wahey, we're mixing [Well Happy]

But back to the original question, it doesn't bother me at all, I'd rather here a whole set of fresh tunes on CD, than a whole set on vinyl of which tunes every Tom, Dick and Jimy Saville has [Roll Eyes]

• CTW Members

who cares of the source is vinyl, CD, DAT, minidisk, hard disk or 8 track!

i care much more about the DJs ability to read the crowd, take the crowd on a journey, make use of dynamics to build the atmosphere, blow the room up, etc.

alasdair

"I've got medication, honey. I've got wings to fly", Primal Scream:Jailbird msn: alasdairmanson@hotmail.com yahoo IM: alimanson@yahoo.com AOL IM: alimanson23@aol.com email: ali_manson@yahoo.com homepage: http://www.magicglasses.com

• CTW Members

I agree with Alasdair - it doesn't matter what source the tunes come from so long as they're banging and doing what they're supposed to do. Personally i'm quite comfortable using most sources of playback, btu gimme a set of SL's any day.

As for what Shan says, i agree to a certain extent about having fresh tunes on CD. CD's are nice and cheap and a quick way of getting the tunes out there, but i'm one of the old skool and still love my dub plates, so i'd rather have a fresh bag of acetate that no other fooker has than a little pouch of CD's. I guess we were all brought up differently though. I embrace technology, but i'm of the 'keep vinyl alive' breed too.