Fabric / DnB - FAO JAMES AND EVERYONE ELSE TOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Tara

• CTW Members
James
This post was recognized by James!

Tara was awarded the badge 'Conversation Starter' and 10 points.

OMG, I just got back from Fabric and what a fucking AMAZING night!!!!!! Yesterday I didn't even like Drum & Bass much but now I totally 100% LOVE it!!!!!

@James - How would you feel about me organising occasional Drum & Bass events so its not just Hard House and Trance all the time? I want to do more Fabric and more Drum & Bass, I think we need some variety on here!

Damn I'm so mashed still, hehehe!!!!! /images/graemlins/nut.gif/images/graemlins/nut.gif/images/graemlins/nut.gif

• Love 1

• CTW Members

Hiya, good to ehar you had a great time, only been twice to fabric, once on the fri and once on sat but was excellent both times.

Drum and bass would be good, am more into that than other dance music, although i like alsorts. Anyone up for a drum and abss alngihter on the 7th, day after club the world in notts?

Already written about it somewhere else, but here's who's playing again:

Andy C notworthy.gif

Ed Rush

DJ Zinc

Moving Fusion

Drumsound

Transit Mafia

Tis on til 6am in the morning and is always a wikid night out thumbs.gif And good to hear smoeone else has turned to the dark side (DnB) grin.gif

~fighting for peace is like f***ing for virginity...
*Gordy*
msn: maladjustedfreak@hotmail.com

• CTW Members

Indeed it is, at the marcus garvey ballroom, bit of a dive really but the atmosphere is brilliant, and cos it actually used to be for ballroom dancing, the dance are is springloaded floorboards so even if you stand still you bounce along with the beat! laugh.gif

Bit surreal really, as you walk along and you see these council office type buildings, but about half way down the long road to it you can hear the bass already! As i said, tis good there if a bit scumy, but everyone who does go there goes for the music, get all sorts in there, proper DnBheads, "rock" people dressed in baggy jeans and band shirts like me normally, people dressed up liek they're off to a cheese club, everyone! and then there's me half the time dressed up in cyberdog stuff liek my avatar! lol.gif

*Gordy*

• CTW Admin

@Tara yes - most definitely - I've also asked @Nick G to set up some Drum & Bass nights although I think it's into slightly different styles - not sure.

People think I may just be trying to win popularity votes here but I really do like many different genres and I just cant (and will never) get enough of Hard House right now I do actually miss my Drum & Bass nights at Fabric, which is what I was doing this time last year until my mates all decided to settle down, get married, have kids or be skint etc...

I was actually thinking of you last night and wished I could be teleported up to see Hype - that guy is one of the best scratchers I think I've ever seen in the Drum & Bass arena. The whole of Fabric has an amazing buzz to it and the layout is perfect, and what with the brickwork and a superb sound system the music is crisp.

The only thing I do get fooked off about is it gets toooo packed and it doesn't die down for a good few hours.

You're right - I SHOULD have come last night, instead me a mate went out locally, in fact I met up with Dan again who I met at Rehab who lives right next to me. All we did was talk about Hard House whilst the incredibly annoying Garage and RnB shite dished out in the only club round here. What a waste.

Let me know when you are going again in the new year - we've also got some coming down from the northern regions so lets make it a big one.

If you remember hun you were initially appointed the London Rep (until titles all got out of hand! hehe) but if you want to arrange CTW Drum & Bass nights, perhaps along with @Nick G then GO FOR IT. There is a huge demand for it and I believe we should be covering off that genre on this site along with perhaps a couple of others not currently catered for.

NICE ONE @Tara :thumbs:

Really pleased you love it - we seem to have more and more in common these days ! :shhh:

James@ClubTheWorld.uk
CTW AdminClubTheWorld.uk | Twitter | Instagram
ctw_post_signature_small.gif
Clubbing the world, together ...

• CTW Admin
On 11/30/2002 at 6:54 AM, Shenlong said:

Indeed it is, at the marcus garvey ballroom, bit of a dive really but the atmosphere is brilliant, and cos it actually used to be for ballroom dancing, the dance are is springloaded floorboards so even if you stand still you bounce along with the beat! :laugh:

Could be an option @Shenlong but I must admit I do intend on going "Balls Out" at the 1st CTW / HWC night and after the double-clubber the other weekend I've learnt my body really cant handle no sleep at all. Will definitely try and see if I can handle it though !

James@ClubTheWorld.uk

• CTW Members

James you did miss a good one I've gotta' say! When Hype came on I spent the duration of his set goinng mad hanging over the balcony, it was soooooooooo much fun and I've never seen a club as buzzing as Fabric! Hype was fcuking awesome as per usual!

I think the only bad point of the night was exactly what you said, it gets way too packed!!! I spent most the night dancing on the balcony where there was more room. I also managed to hand out loadsa' ctw cards as the people were SO friendly! I just really couldn't believe it! :thumbs:

Fabric fridays WILL be arranged for the future. I think its probably best to wait until the new year before planning everything so we can all get over the busy xmas period!

D&B nights and Fabric London - Coming soon! 📸 📸 📸

• CTW Members

Yeah totally! Its awful that people have these misconceptions that associate D&B with trouble etc and I think that if you go to the right places everyones happy!

However I did notice that there were loads more blokes trying to pull in D&B nights compared to hard house/trance nights. And guys, there's nothing flattering about pinching a girls arse so DON'T DO IT!!! It fcuking pisses me off!!! mad.gif

• CTW Admin

I think overall Hard House nights do have the friendlist and less hassly people.

Agreed that DnB nights have an amazing atmosphere but agree about getting several Beer Monsters in there - that is the only thing which ruins it for me. Maybe its because of the types of people in London, I dont know.

Also DnB have hardly ANY women - I tried to find a clubbing partner/girlfriend at fabric years ago and they are few and far between !! Girls dont go there because of the hassle they get. Thats when i started going to clubs which had a history or started off being gay, like garlands, the ratio of women was like 3 or 4 to 1 bloke - because they knew they wouldnt get hassled and the guys that were in there were genuinly nice and not beer monsters.

I still stand by what I originally said in that on the whole I find more friendly and more chilled people outside of London - probably because London is always running at 170bpm at [censored] etc.. and more rush rush rush, people just seem to be more stressed.

Are there many DnB nights up North ?

James@ClubTheWorld.uk

• CTW Members

Not too sure about good D&B nights up north, but i know that the south coast has alot of good nights, Wales has a few good ones, Biirmingham has a few, as does Bristol. There's always something going on at the Sanctuary in Milton Keynes, and i spoke to someone last night and they said that Cheltenham actually had a good following too, so i reckon where ever you want to look, you can probably find a decent night out, but London does seem to be the Hub for D&B .

• CTW Members

I'll add my interest in wanting to go to Fabric, but personally the Saturday nights appeal to me more than the Friday night, but I can understand that's probably not to everyone's tastes (house/techno/tech-house on Saturdays).

I would definitely want to try and make it to a Friday-night Fabric mission though as well, if I could.

• CTW Members

"Also DnB have hardly ANY women - I tried to find a clubbing partner/girlfriend at fabric years ago and they are few and far between !!"

really? hadn't really noticed a huge difference wher ei go to, males are in the majority, but there are a fair few girls too. hmm.

*Gordy*

• CTW Members

On the whole I didn't get a lot of hassle, but still the amount of men compared to women was over whelming!!!

Not sure about DnB up north, thinks it more established down south. The Sanctuary at Milton Keynes holds Helter skelter-Sidewinder which is meant to be pretty banging, I REALLY wanna' go so we'll have to try it sometime!!! flash.gif