Hardcore is back

• CTW Members
raverbaby69 said:

i notice that the people on here who r slaggin MCs off dont even like hardcore and the music genres they do like dont have MCs.

Yes, that's because MCs usually ruin perfectly good music. Except in the case of hardcore, which can only be improved. wink.gif

at the end of the day u dont even go 2 hardcore events so y the [censored] r u coming out with comments like "shoot the mcs"?

There are other styles of music that have MCs you know! The only music I have ever heard where a [good] MC remotely benefits the music is d&b, because the vocals do not clash too much with the tunes, and often the tracks are pretty minimal anyway. But good house music speaks for itself. Producers spend weeks in their studios crafting and tweaking every little facet of a tune ... only for some idiot to talk over it and ruin all the subtlety?!

• CTW Promotors
raverbaby69 said:

sharkey is THE BEST mc ever. i think the fact he can DJ and MC at the same time (and with the skill he does both of them) makes him a [censored] legend. and what can i say about his lyrics and rhymin ability other than notworthy.gifnotworthy.gifnotworthy.gif

yeah MCs like whizzkid and storm can get very repetitive and boring... but they r the main MCs in the scene and deserve a lot of respect. they have a job 2 do and they do it very well - i.e. they are there 2 build atmosphere and get the crowd going and encourage crowd participation.

i notice that the people on here who r slaggin MCs off dont even like hardcore and the music genres they do like dont have MCs. the point im trying 2 make with that is stop being so [censored] narrow minded - if u actually went 2 a hardcore event ud actually realise that unless ur intentionally listening 2 them u dont even notice the MC half the time. they kinda just become part of the music. although no doubt half of u on here wud stand there going listen 2 that [censored] MC how [censored] rubbish blah blah blah blah. yeah a [censored] MC can spoil a set which is gutting if the DJ is good but thats just life.

at the end of the day u dont even go 2 hardcore events so y the [censored] r u coming out with comments like "shoot the mcs"? does hardcore having MCs make any difference wot so ever 2 ur life?

personally i think a gud MC can b the icing on the cake wen its banging set and id b gutted if there was no MCs at the raves i go 2.

*rant over*

How to make a complete arse of yourself in one simple post - by raverbaby69

CreamyC™
Email:
CreamyC@ClubTheWorld.uk
MSN: CreamyCTW@Hotmail.com
Mobile: 07956 462 642 (T-Mobile)

• CTW Members
raverbaby69 said:

yeah MCs like whizzkid and storm can get very repetitive and boring... but they r the main MCs in the scene and deserve a lot of respect.

WTF? They deserve respect even though they are repetitive and boring? lol.giflol.giflol.giflol.gif

they are there 2 build atmosphere and get the crowd going and encourage crowd participation.

Crowd participation? You mean dancing? Or the classic refrain "uggy uggy uggy" ... "ug ug ug!"

i notice that the people on here who r slaggin MCs off dont even like hardcore and the music genres they do like dont have MCs.

This is a circular argument. The reason people don't like those genres is because ... THEY HAVE MCs! In fact most music (that I am aware of) that "needs" MCs is a bit lame to begin with. In my experience of hardcore, you need some kind of novelty value to relieve the boredom... just my opinion of course; wink.gif maybe the finer subtleties of hardcore go over my head...

• CTW Members

im sick of every1 being so [censored] narrow minded on this site... im not even gonna begin 2 argue my point on this one cuz there is no way im gonna win, once again theres sum1 who cant argue a point bcuz theres too many people on the other side who refuse 2 budge on their point of view just bcuz this site is mainly house music, and at that mainly hardhouse. i really do wish there were more people on this site who liked hardcore, or even one who likes it as much as i do, or even DnB altho the MCing style in DnB is completely different from hardcore, and 2 b honest u cant even compare the 2. Actually, i wish there was some of the Birkenhead crew on this site...

WHY THE [censored] DO ANY OF YOU CARE, NONE OF YOU EVEN LISTEN TO IT. and at the end of the day I DO. i like it... infact i [censored] love hardcore. and i doubt very much if many of u have ever taken the time 2 listen 2 some decent hardcore, im not talking about happy hardcore - thats just one genre of hardcore. just like u have ur different genres of hardhouse the same applies 2 hardcore and 2 b perfectly honest happy hardcore is shite, but ure all either so narrow minded u wont take the time 2 listen 2 it or ur so [censored] pathetic u wont give it a chance.

i think u all read modular 1's post...

here

oh and liquideyes... hardcore does not NEED MCs, ive got plenty of banging hardcore that has no MCing and its just as good, and yeah in most of ur eyes no doubt ud think it was better just bcuz it DOESNT have an MC. its just at a rave MCs r all part of the fun.

at the end of the day u lot mite think hardcore is [censored], u mite think its repetitive, u mite think MCs r [censored], u mite think its just a repeated baseline. and you know wot... I DONT CARE. at the end of the day i like it... and isnt that all that matters?

• CTW Promotors
raverbaby69 said:

im sick of every1 being so [censored] narrow minded on this site... im not even gonna begin 2 argue my point on this one cuz there is no way im gonna win, once again theres sum1 who cant argue a point bcuz theres too many people on the other side who refuse 2 budge on their point of view just bcuz this site is mainly house music, and at that mainly hardhouse. i really do wish there were more people on this site who liked hardcore, or even one who likes it as much as i do, or even DnB altho the MCing style in DnB is completely different from hardcore, and 2 b honest u cant even compare the 2. Actually, i wish there was some of the Birkenhead crew on this site...

WHY THE [censored] DO ANY OF YOU CARE, NONE OF YOU EVEN LISTEN TO IT. and at the end of the day I DO. i like it... infact i [censored] love hardcore. and i doubt very much if many of u have ever taken the time 2 listen 2 some decent hardcore, im not talking about happy hardcore - thats just one genre of hardcore. just like u have ur different genres of hardhouse the same applies 2 hardcore and 2 b perfectly honest happy hardcore is shite, but ure all either so narrow minded u wont take the time 2 listen 2 it or ur so [censored] pathetic u wont give it a chance.

here

oh and liquideyes... hardcore does not NEED MCs, ive got plenty of banging hardcore that has no MCing and its just as good, and yeah in most of ur eyes no doubt ud think it was better just bcuz it DOESNT have an MC. its just at a rave MCs r all part of the fun.

at the end of the day u lot mite think hardcore is [censored], u mite think its repetitive, u mite think MCs r [censored], u mite think its just a repeated baseline. and you know wot... I DONT CARE. at the end of the day i like it... and isnt that all that matters?

Dont worry hun - at the end of the day everyone has their own opinion. I personally like all the MC stuff & also like hardcore.

orange.gif

People were moaning not so long ago that the site was too hardhouse orientated so i decided to do something about it & try to bring other genres to it - ie hardcore/hardstyle etc & still people are moaning.

What do we do ey? confused.gif

INCISION Leeds - 23rd Jan - Passion Records Tour Night!!
Email: 
sarah@clubtheworld.com
MSN: pvcsarah@hotmail.com
Speed it UP - PLEASE!

• CTW Promotors
raverbaby69 said:

here

Part Two of "How to make a complete arse of yourself - by raverbaby69"

CreamyC™
Email:
CreamyC@ClubTheWorld.uk

• CTW Members
raverbaby69 said:

im not even gonna begin 2 argue my point on this one cuz there is no way im gonna win

Feel free to tackle any of my specific comments rather than whinging. Oh, and I didn't realise this was a competition...?

It seems from the torrent of expletives that you are quite emotionally attached to this issue. Maybe you should sit down for a little while with a cold glass of water and some soothing music. grin.gif

• CTW Admin

lmao @this thread!

all i can say on the matter is, each to their own. I used to love hardcore and MCing, and really miss it. I also miss the old style garage with MCing (when done properly) like at bagleys/slammin vinyl/united dance etc... grin.gif Was even listening to a tape the other day in the car to bring back memories from 98 grin.gif

Happy Days

James@ClubTheWorld.uk
CTW AdminClubTheWorld.uk | Twitter | Instagram
ctw_post_signature_small.gif
Clubbing the world, together ...

• CTW Promotors

I like hardcore and went I stated this fact - even before raverbaby was born I think - FredTheBaddie took the piss out of me. Although I cant condone the use of MC's. I like it.

Hardcore Happiness 2 ROCKS.

CreamyC™
Email:
CreamyC@ClubTheWorld.uk

• CTW Promotors
James said:

lmao @this thread!

all i can say on the matter is, each to their own. I used to love hardcore and MCing, and really miss it. I also miss the old style garage with MCing (when done properly) like at bagleys/slammin vinyl/united dance etc... grin.gif Was even listening to a tape the other day in the car to bring back memories from 98 grin.gif

Happy Days

James & Andy were very good at MC'ing in Ibiza - werent u? laugh.gif

INCISION Leeds - 23rd Jan - Passion Records Tour Night!!
Email: 
sarah@clubtheworld.com
MSN: pvcsarah@hotmail.com
Speed it UP - PLEASE!

• CTW Members
liquideyes said:

raverbaby69 said:

im not even gonna begin 2 argue my point on this one cuz there is no way im gonna win

Feel free to tackle any of my specific comments rather than whinging. Oh, and I didn't realise this was a competition...?

It seems from the torrent of expletives that you are quite emotionally attached to this issue. Maybe you should sit down for a little while with a cold glass of water and some soothing music. grin.gif

erm i did tackle one of ur specific comments...

and no its not a competition, the reason i sed that is bcuz the arguements i get myself in2 on here r so one sided i dont c the point in them.

oh and sarah THANK YOU ATLEAST ONE PERSON AGREES WITH ME!

• 20 years later...
  • CTW Admin

Wow, looks like Hardcore is still going strong, anyone going to this tonight ? :happydance:

image.png

James@ClubTheWorld.uk
CTW AdminClubTheWorld.uk | Twitter | Instagram
ctw_post_signature_small.gif
Clubbing the world, together ...

• James changed the title to Hardcore is back