Adverts (especially advertising banners) in signatures

• CTW Admin

I'm afraid we cant allow blatent advertising in signatures - especially banners - no one wants to see them - its bad enough having to have a banner at the top right of the forums, let alone on every post from certain individuals.

Of course we dont mind DJs/Producers/people in the industry advertising themselves but advertising others (especially when not music/club related) we cant allow.

Also some signatures are ridiculously long. I will PM the main offenders!

*Rant_Over*

James@ClubTheWorld.uk
CTW AdminClubTheWorld.uk | Twitter | Instagram
ctw_post_signature_small.gif
Clubbing the world, together ...

• CTW Admin

no mate - yours is ok

James@ClubTheWorld.uk

• CTW Admin
Maria said:

Have users complained to you about these banners etc that are in these sig's?

confused.gif

no, this is purely me not wanting to have stuff like this in signatures. Once we allow one to advertise we have to allow all - and I dont see why people should get free advertising. It also affects are actual advertisers as they wont want to use us if we get more and more signatures with free adverts in.

djdavid.gif

tonesbanner.gif

I dont mind the first one as this is the members' own ad (I think) and its clubbing/music related.

I know we have adverts which arent clubbing/music related but the advertisers are paying for this privilege.

James@ClubTheWorld.uk

• CTW DJs
James said:

I'm afraid we cant allow blatent advertising in signatures - especially banners - no one wants to see them - its bad enough having to have a banner at the top right of the forums, let alone on every post from certain individuals.

Of course we dont mind DJs/Producers/people in the industry advertising themselves but advertising others (especially when not music/club related) we cant allow.

Also some signatures are ridiculously long. I will PM the main offenders!

*Rant_Over*

deleting mine now! thumbs.gif

• CTW Admin

cheers dude - sorry about that - its just that i've seen this happen on other boards and its better to put a stop to it now.

as i say your other banner is absolutely fine as we encourage self-promotion here.

James@ClubTheWorld.uk

• CTW DJs
James said:

cheers dude - sorry about that - its just that i've seen this happen on other boards and its better to put a stop to it now.

as i say your other banner is absolutely fine as we encourage self-promotion here.

no worrys matey at the end of the day u are the BOSS lol thumbs.gif

• CTW Admin

we're actually having a hard time as it is funding the box - so much so we'll be lucky if we're still around in a few months unless i can find another host who is a lot cheaper. frown.gif it really is that bad. i'm just being cautious as its taken a lot of effort to finally get our main advertisers to accept us - so we dont want to piss them off because they are our only hope in surviving right now.

James@ClubTheWorld.uk

• CTW DJs
James said:

we're actually having a hard time as it is funding the box - so much so we'll be lucky if we're still around in a few months unless i can find another host who is a lot cheaper. frown.gif it really is that bad. i'm just being cautious as its taken a lot of effort to finally get our main advertisers to accept us - so we dont want to piss them off because they are our only hope in surviving right now.

IV DONE MINE MATE SORRY ABOUT THAT IS IT OK NOW? wiggle.gif