Global Gathering - what a disaster!!!!!

• CTW Members

well..where do i start?

Probably just had the worse night of my life to put it mildly...was a complete disaster from start to finish! Got to stratford ok..then had to wait an hour for a bus to take us to the site..while it was pissing down frown.gif

By the time we got to gk about 7 it was already a mudbath and still peeing it down...not the sort of thing to put u in a good mood really!!

Tried ringing my mates who i was supposed to meet up with but never heard from them..got ripped off twice buying party favours which were duds..then ran out of money so stayed sober all night!!!!!

Saw a bit of Tiesto but was in such a [censored] mood by then he diddnt really blow my mind..saw fergie who was average..and Carl cox who looked like he was fantastic but diddnt stay long enough..gk was very poorley organised..couldnt find anywhere dry to sit down and chill out..so wont be going again.

To finish the night off..we got a bus back to the station at 4.30 and had to wait till 7.30 for the first train home cry.gif

Oh well..hope everyone else who went had a better time than we did!!! scratchchin.gif

Edited by Elitechick

If i should die this very moment,
I wouldn't fear,
For i have known completeness like being here.
Wrapped in the warmth of you,
Loving every breath of you,
Still my heart this moment or it might burst,
Can we stay right here,
Untill the end of time,
Till the seas stop churning,
Wanna love you till the seas run dry.
Cos Ive found the one i am searching for...........the one.

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• CTW Members

harsh as hell hun frown.gif

the weather SUCKED. only 2 things - at least it didn't actually piss it down all night, and it was reasonable chill out weather at 7am. fookin....WET...though.....wasnt it....

well my night went as:

6pm about got in, promplty loose everyone

go on a 90 minute mission looking for a bottle of WATER? GRRRR. i LEARNT there were bars in the tent. after wandering around the shops looking for a stall angryfire.gif

8pm, i'm on my todd and figured i dont have a snowballs chance on a blowtorch of finding anyone in 50,000 ppl, so spend my time getting messy and being in the right arenas smile.gif

12:30am ish - EVENTUALLY meet up with daredevil tony, have a bit of an arse around, go on the high vertical lift thing, add in some poppers upon some advice from a random. woohoooo smile.gif

2am ish, bump into Jesse and meet up with Mod 1 and Helen, wheeeyyy =)

4am ish - go into the sundis tent and enjoy a mini meetup type thingy wiv lots of ppl.

jayzuz it was wet.

DJ's....

Taul Paul - playing some pleasent trance/chunkier warm up tunes

Push - sounded great, although in a 45 minute set I'm sure i only actually heard strange world and universal nation being played.... confused.gif

mistress Barbara - good stuff, played some housier beats which i was quite enjoying

Tiesto - vacated - not my cup of tea afraid... heard good reports tho

K90 live - sounded well good. couldn't actually see the guy from where i was which sort of cut the enjoyment by half

--went for a wander--

Armin - cracking 90 mins of tunage thumbs.gif

Marco v - had enver ehard him play before but heard his stuff so was looking forward to this. after 20 mins i got bored and left smile.gif

went into bedrock for a few snippets, cos i do like a nice bit of prog

then spent 4am onwards in the sundis tent. er, it was loud fast and bangin. nod.gif

in future...

make the fuckin print on the laminates bigger? how the [censored] are you sposed to read those things in flashing strobes when ur [censored]?

put some bloody surfaces down at the entrance to each tent

have fewer fukkin tents. I'm sure no one would miss a choice 1 or 2 tents not being there. saves the rest of us getting hopelessly lost...

good parts:

nothing seemed to go violently wrong. free car parking and free water refills (altho the taps had 'run out' when i tried this), had the weather been decent I'm sure it would have been a lot nicer

tents were a decent size at least you could get in there

Edited by Phil_raa

• CTW DJs

mmm where do i start?!?

got onsite about 4pm went straight to sunny d tent for strange dave he played a proper bouncy set

then seen bk who was amazing.

wondered round got lost met bukey met others got in [censored] loads of mud and got really messy

lisa lashes fucks up as per normal

saw carl cox notworthy.gif amazing set

fergie notworthy.gif amazing set

mmm all went even messyer then

mini meet up in sunny d tent

got on coach at 7.45 some cunt had broken the door so we had to wait for another coach which did not get on sight till 12.45 ish

apart from the rain n mud id say a prety goon n messy night

i must get some sleep lol

also was nice to meet u all for the first time wavey.gif

• CTW Members
Phil_raa said:

free water refills (altho the taps had 'run out' when i tried this),

ironic really considering the amount of the stuff that came from the sky

Mr Happy's fishy fish MangaFish munch munch

MSN & e-mail - mangafish@mangafish.net
AOL - MangaMorgan
Online mixes - http://www.mangafish.net/mixes/

• CTW Members
Mr_Happy said:

Phil_raa said:

free water refills (altho the taps had 'run out' when i tried this),

ironic really considering the amount of the stuff that came from the sky

nod.giflaugh.gifrolleyes.gif

• CTW Members

Sounds like u had a much better time than me thumbs.gif ..Push were good but not long enough..i couldnt find the laminated programme things so had no idea when anyone was on..the toilets were pure evil too..

And the overwhelming smell of poppers in every tent was quite amusing!!!!( i lost mine )...

U had to to pay to get on the rides..was a nightmare finding water and drinks were overpriced..

sorry if i sound miserable and really dont want to knock gk cos i think its a great idea to bring all the clubs together..but the site was too big and there were no maps showing u where things were..

Nevermind!! I havent lost my enthusiasm for dance music..just dissapointed! (makes mental note never to go to a music fstival in this country again!)

I wouldn't fear,
Can we stay right here,
Untill the end of time,

• CTW Members

sure the weather sucked, but it was still worth going to, it just depended on your being at least a wee bit lucky (such as meeting a few peeps) and finding the good sets, which I did, it was a cool to meet all of you for the first or second time, and I saw diggers who was great, eric morillo and bob sinclair were cool for a while, corstens end was nice, jules was shite, but all in all a very good night!

• CTW Members

to be fair last year the weather was amazing 4 the event

its just hit and miss unfortunatly.

look @ how glasto over the years

AOL - MangaMorgan

• CTW Members
leedzlad22 said:

got on coach at 7.45 some cunt had broken the door so we had to wait for another coach which did not get on sight till 12.45 ish

small world - 1 of me non-ctw m8s were complaining of the same thing - u must av been on the same coach

AOL - MangaMorgan

• CTW Members

funny u should say ur last bit elite chick - 2b honest i don't like festivals at ALL. only went to this 1 cos it'll be the only 1 this year (creamfields can [censored] off) and so many ppl were going.

festivals are:

too big

too messy (loose ppl/mud/etc)

too dangerous (get anything you can think of nicked)

too expensive

u'll rarely be able to be where u want to be cos either 2 dj's u like are playing at once, or stayuing with ur mates is more important than being in the right tent, and they want to go somewhere else

i [censored] hate festivals shrug.gif nice idea. small community of clubbers where u can wander around in a field n do whatever. but like everything, it never gets done as nicely as it should, and you've got a 60/40 ratio of fun stuff/[censored] going wrong

• CTW DJs
Mr_Happy said:

leedzlad22 said:

small world - 1 of me non-ctw m8s were complaining of the same thing - u must av been on the same coach

haha yea it is such a small world lol

• CTW Members
Phil_raa said:

funny u should say ur last bit elite chick - 2b honest i don't like festivals at ALL. only went to this 1 cos it'll be the only 1 this year (creamfields can [censored] off) and so many ppl were going.

Yep same here..ive never been to one neither and wanted to try it out..i had so many good reports about it last yr i was really excited about going..but im aware if the weather had of been better it would have been a much different experience shrug.gif

I wouldn't fear,
Can we stay right here,
Untill the end of time,

• CTW Members
Phil_raa said:

festivals are:

too big

too messy (loose ppl/mud/etc)

too dangerous (get anything you can think of nicked)

too expensive

u'll rarely be able to be where u want to be cos either 2 dj's u like are playing at once, or stayuing with ur mates is more important than being in the right tent, and they want to go somewhere else

i [censored] hate festivals shrug.gif nice idea. small community of clubbers where u can wander around in a field n do whatever. but like everything, it never gets done as nicely as it should, and you've got a 60/40 ratio of fun stuff/[censored] going wrong

you gotta point