[ CTW Weekender ] Belfast, Northern Ireland (Friday 7th November - Sunday 9th November 2003)

CreamyC

• CTW Promotors
ClubTheWorld
This post was recognized by ClubTheWorld!

CreamyC was awarded the badge 'Great Support' and 10 points.

If you are coming then please add your name to this post and it will be added to the main page. :thumbs:

Event: ClubTheWorld Ireland Weekender
Date: Friday 7th November - Sunday 9th November

Details

The plan for the weekend is to visit as many places as possible.  On the Friday afternoon / evening will be spent checking into accommodation and settle you all in. We'll then go out for drinks in Ballymena Town or Belfast (Plenty of bars, small clubs, etc).  On Saturday afternoon we can maybe go shopping in Belfast city centre for a few hours.  Then come back to Ballymena and all go out for a meal and a few drinks, then proceed to whatever club is chosen. Sunday would be chilling out in the local pub having a few drinks before everyone heads home.

MEET-UP INFORMATION

Friday (Night) Meet-up

• Venue:  The Grouse Pub, corner of Ballymoney Street / Springwell Street
  • Time:  7pm
  • Clubs: Will be decided on the night

Saturday Meet-Up

• Venue:  The Nobel Cafe, Church Street
  • Time:  12 Midday

Saturday (Night) Meet-up

• Venue:  The Spinning Mill Pub, Broughshane Street
  • Time:  6.30pm
  • Clubs:  To be decided on the night

Sunday Meet-Up

• Venue:  The Spinning Mill Pub, Broughshane Street
  • Time:  2pm
  • Club Suggestions:  From Liam Styles
    • LUSH! in Portrush is N.Irelands most popular club. An outstanding venue, with a great crowd and excellent, varied line ups. I visit this club regularly and love it so much. Guest DJs that have played in the last month or two include: Erick Morillo, Mauro Picotto, Judge Jules, King Unique, Futureshock, Dave Seaman, Guy Ornadel and Darren Emerson. Check www.kellys-portrush.com for more info, pics and line ups.
    • SHINE is situated in Belfast and is held in the Queens University Student Union. It is N.Irelands best techno night and has a massive following. The venue isnt the best, but it is massive with 3 good sized rooms all playin different styles on rotation. Main room is usually techno, 2nd room a bit housier and the 3rd drum n bass or hip hop. Personally this is my favourite club as they always bring new DJs over aswell as the techno elite. Regular guests include: Riche Hawtin, Adam Beyer, Marco Bailey, DJ Rush, Cristian Smith, Jon Carter, Lottie, Fabio, Grooverider, Tim Westwood. Check www.shine.net for more info, listings, pics etc.
    • THE MET in Armagh, a more straight up trance / hard trance night in a massive venue with awesome light displays and soundsystem. The venue is split into 3 tiers but all in one arena. Again THE MET has an unbelievable crowd, always packed and always friendly. New up and coming DJs from this country sit aside some of the worlds top DJs, the resident DJ is also very good. Recent Guest DJs: Lisa Lashes, JFK, Scot Project, Petrae Foy, Signum, Fergie (who is a monthly resident). Godskitchen also hold official nights at this venue. www.metarena.com
    • THE COACH is in Banbridge, and is a mainly Hard trance / hard house club. Not beeen to it many times but the few times i have been i have had a good night. A few pikeys attend though. Usual DJs such as: Judge Jules, Scot Bond, Jon Kelly, Scot Project, Lisa Lashes. www.coachniteclub.com
    • ENIGMA is a ver new club and is actually just past the border into Southern Ireland. I havent been as yet, but have heard really good things about it. Capacity is around 4,000. Its a brand spanking new club, with wicked light show, awesome soundsystem and fresh DJs. Guests so far have included: The Tidy Boys, Disco Bros, Paul Glazby, Phil Reynoylds, Spencer Freeland, Nick Raferty, Mark Kavanah, Jay Pigeon, A*, Scot Project.
    • THE NETWORK is N.Irelands most established after hours. Its very dingy but thats what makes it so good. Line up is never known, but usually its a visiting DJ who has been playin one of the other clubs in the country that night. (probs from THE MET or THE COACH) expect the likes of Fergie, Lisa Lashes, Dave Pearce, Eddie Halliwell.

HOW TO GET THERE

• By Air:  Good flight prices can be found by checking www.easyjet.com for flight details (most English airports) or www.mytravelite.com (Birmingham). These are the two main lowcost airlines that fly into Belfast. When booking please insure that you book "Belfast International Airport" as your destination as there is a "Belfast City Airport" also. Obviously the earlier you book the cheaper the flight, so it would be advisable to book in advance.
  • By Car:  You can travel by car to Belfast by Ferry.  A whole list of Ferry crossing and a variety of companies that provide services over to Belfast can be found here.
  • By Coach:  Coaches are available at very reasonable prices from most major places in the UK.  Coach journeys include the Ferry across to Belfast Terminal.  More information can be found at www.nationalexpress.co.uk.  Advanced bookings (30 days) do work out cheape.

OTHER INFORMATION

Accommodation: There is one main hotel in Ballymena, it is reasonably priced but also very nice. Its a very central location and in the centre of town. Prices are as follows (price is correct at time of this page going up - 14th August 2003)

Double / twin room:  £50 per night
Single room:  £35 per night

You can also check their website www.adairarms.com for more information.

Alternatively, Ballymena has lots of B&B's. LiamStyles has kindly visited a number of them over the last week and all seem to be of a high standard. The majority of them are all located near each other and close to the town. Most of them are quite small so all attendees may not be able to stay in the same B&B. As they are usually small, family run business websites are not available. But if you require more information please call LiamStyles on 07745358810.  All these B&Bs have quoted a price of around £15 per person per night which is very reasonable. 

If you would like to join us for this weekender then please add your name to the dedicated post on the foums here.

More Information: Please contact either @CreamyC OR @LiamStyles by email at CreamyC@ClubTheWorld.com / PM via ClubTheWorld.com Forums or text / call 07956 462 642.

Please click HERE for full details on our forthcoming confirmed weekend in Ireland.

• Thanks 1

CreamyC™
Email:
CreamyC@ClubTheWorld.uk
MSN: CreamyCTW@Hotmail.com
Mobile: 07956 462 642 (T-Mobile)

Good to see this up and running.

Believe me guys this w'end will rock!

Looking foward to meeting all who attend.

Like it says on the main page, any questions, get in touch with me. thumbs.gif

• CTW DJs

I think I may just have to do this all over again.....last time was alot of fun thumbs.gif

Bouncer - 'what you looking for?'

Liam - 'I've lost my house key'

Bouncer - 'I'll help you look for it'

Liam - banghead.gif

rotfl.gif

www.djphilbenson.co.uk - updated 28/08/04

PMSL!!! rotfl.gif

dam those pesky bouncers interfering whilst you're trying to find your drugs that another bouncer had thrown away!

Will remember to hide them next time, and not just leave them in my pocket. banghead.gif

Bouncer "Whats that mate?"

Liam "Erm.....Its chewing gum"

PHEW!

• CTW Admin

I stupidly left it longer than Kev & Ray to book but it still works out a fairly good deal... (£70.50)

So I've managed to get it all booked just now Liam - i'm defo there !

It's my 32nd birthday as well on the 9th ! (along with Tony & Whitby!)

James@ClubTheWorld.uk
CTW AdminClubTheWorld.uk | Twitter | Instagram
ctw_post_signature_small.gif
Clubbing the world, together ...

• CTW Members

Hoping to do this one... Working out finances now, as it's the week before pay day...

w: www.bukeytheloon.com
e: cunt@bukeytheloon.com
msn: msn@bukeytheloon.com

Other CTWers verdict of Bukey

• ClubTheWorld changed the title to [ CTW Weekender ] Belfast, Northern Ireland (Friday 7th November - Sunday 9th November 2003)