Happy Birthday the father of hard house (R.I.P)

Dave M

• CTW Members

many happy returns tony on what would've been your 46th birthday. glad to know your still influencing the scene.

may you rest in peace notworthy.gif

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• CTW Moderators

We met his dad in Ibiza, a TRUELY TOP bloke.

We were at Lashed, standing next to his dad whilst the Dawn came into play - it was such a tense moment standing next to him and looking at how his face had changed as tho he was thinking about Tony, when the beat just kicked in.

RIP Tony frown.gif

• CTW Members
Maria said:

We were at Lashed, standing next to his dad whilst the Dawn came into play - it was such a tense moment standing next to him and looking at how his face had changed as tho he was thinking about Tony, when the beat just kicked in.

RIP Tony frown.gif

as if his dad can connect with hardhouse? what the [censored] is that all about please?

• CTW Moderators
TomD said:

i remember when i met tony. i just thought he was like every other man. but then i realised there was something special about him.

trust you tom!! i take it you and kev are in the middle of that hug?? lol.

maria thats cool you met tonys dad...aww

Edited by James

• CTW Members
jon_m said:

Maria said:

RIP Tony frown.gif

as if his dad can connect with hardhouse? what the [censored] is that all about please?

Ray was out loads in ibiza when i was out there... he loves it and knows a lot of people in clubland... just because he is his dad, doesnt mean he cant connect with hard house!! He is a really really nice bloke too!!

To be honest, i dont see the point in "over" worshipping Tony De Vit... yes, he did do a lot and he did it [censored] well... but there are people doin the same/similar today as he did back then. To be honest, i think a big reason people worship him so much now is actually because he is dead... as weird as it seems undecided.gifshrug.gif

You Can Never Have Too Much Of A Good Thing :wink:
It'd Be Rude Not 2!! *I Need A Tissue*
MSN: Claire___DC @hotmail.com  Email: clairedc @ dsl .pipex .com

• CTW Promotors

Bollox to the lot of you!! TDV did alot for HH!!!, It is like saying the beatles did nothing for music!!!.............

Techno, Techno, Techno

• CTW Members
miss_diddy said:

Bollox to the lot of you!! TDV did alot for HH!!!, It is like saying the beatles did nothing for music!!!.............

the operative word here being did.

i wish people would just move on and shut up about it, and i'm sure i'm not the only one - he's dead ffs, and he's not gonna come back and suck your cock no matter how much you write about him.

the fact that his tunes still get played at every hard house night may prove that his tunes are classics, but you don't go to a techno night and hear five-year-old tunes played every week, it would get incredibly tedious. music should always be moving on, and unfortunately hard house and [most of] its fans remain stuck in the past which is why it has a short shelf-life.

• CTW Promotors

So this is true of every musician/person that has left their mark in history is it??

Ok harping on is annoying, but it would have been the guy's birthday yesterday, peeps were just remembering, is it really necessary for peeps who poss dont want to remember to jump on board & start slating!!!! confused.gif

Techno, Techno, Techno

• CTW Members
miss_diddy said:

So this is true of every musician/person that has left their mark in history is it??

no, i just don't see where his elevation into near-sainthood comes from, or what it can possibly achieve. credit to him, he was one of the people who was pioneering a new style of music at the time, but the guy was only around for a very short time and every other genre of dance music which has had its past heroes appears to have been able to move on and build something new. except hard house.

• CTW Promotors

Tom I myself do not hail him a saint, however I do think what he did for the HH scene, was great!!!

Your commemt about HH, well the same could be said of all genres, IE, HH is a branch of House, acid Techno a branch of Techno, pys Trance of trance so on & so on!!! rolleyes.gif

At least these styles of genre are brave enough to experiment, how often do you hear an R&B, R.Kelly tune he has made with a techy sound?? confused.gif

Techno, Techno, Techno