Defected In The House @Ministry Of Sound, London [Funky House] (Saturday 4th October 2003)

Nick G

• CTW Members
ClubTheWorld
This post was recognized by ClubTheWorld!

Nick G was awarded the badge 'Great Support' and 10 points.

DEFECTED IN THE HOUSE

Every first Saturday of the month the leading UK dance label hosts the liveliest house party in the industry. This night brings you the very best house beats as it’s provided by some of the most talented DJ’s and producers on the circuit. If you like house with an original vibe this is the night for you. 2003 will also see Defected in the House join forces with various labels from around the world including Soulfuric, USA and French label Africanism and San Francisco’s Naked Music.

DJ’s on rotation include Sandy Rivera, Junior Jack & Kid Crème, Bob Sinclar, Brian Tappert, Smokin Jo, DJ Gregory, Jay J, Miguel Migs, Full Intention, Soul Rebels, Liquid People, Joey Negro, Nic Fanciulli, Martin Solvieg, Spencer Parker, Paul Farris, Copyright, Terra Deva, Shakedown and of course the Defected Guvnor Simon Dunmore.

Date: 04 October 2003
Open between: 11pm - 7am
Prices: £15 or £12 in advance
Dress Code: Relaxed!

Residents

• Marc Hughes
  • Nick Bridges

Guest / Entertainment

• Box - Junior Jack & Kid Creme...Liquid People...MC Shurakano -
  • Bar - House FM feat ... Paul Farris...DJ Leo...Raymundo Rodriguez -
  • Baby Box - DJ's to be confirmed

Additional Info

• Junior Jack - Trust It Album Launch party!
  • Reduced price advance tickets available from Ticketweb
  • Or call 08700 600 100

:thumbs:

• CTW Members

Went to a Defected Africanism night at El Divino in Ibiza, and it rocked !

DJ Gregory was quality, first time I've ever heard anyone use the echo effect on a DJM 600 and make it sound like part of the record. thumbs.gif

You actually gonna go to this one Nickelarse ?

Fred The Baddie
Email: FredTheBaddie at ClubTheWorld dot com
MSN: Fox_Raynard at hotmail dot com
I am not part of any majority
-- Now in my MP3 player : Agnelli & Nelson - Holding on to Nothing --

• 2 weeks later...
  • CTW Members

So anyone else apart from me and NickBoy coming ?

Fred The Baddie

• CTW Members

Nick had managed to get concessions for this one if anyone's interested, not sure how much yet tho.

So far it's:

Moi

Nick G

Vicky

Fit Sarah

Fred The Baddie

• CTW Members

Ok so it wan't the biggest CTW meet ever, (infact it wasn't really a CTW meet at all with only 2 members attending!), but it was by far one of the best nights out that i've had in a long time.

Junior Jack and Kid Creme went back to back in The Box and tore the place apart with some of the chunkiest house about, and absulutely lifted the roof when Esamba was dropped. It was then rewound and dropped for a second time to even more of a mental response from a more than 'up for it' crowd.

At just after 2am, I moved swiftly into the main room to catch Paul Farris on the decks. What a set this guy played. Some chunky, some vocal, some soulful ... all fantastic and by far some of the best house in the land. Halfway through his set, some very familiar beats were heard - Soulsearcher's I'm Feeling Love. Once again the whole place erupted and all that could bee seen was a sea of arms in the air and dirty great smiles across everyones faces. Later on, Mr Farris made the exceptional move of dropping 2 of this years best tunes one after the other as his last 2 of the night. First came Hardsoul feat. Ron Carroll - Back Together [Hot22 vocal mix], then straight after for his last tune came Rasmus Faber - Ever After. What a way to end a set - sheer quality thumbs.gif

Thanks to Ray for coming along and making this night a good laugh, and thanks also to V for sorting out the guestlist.

Was nice to see Guyster in the queue too ... though that was all we saw of him ... where did you go mister - mincing about in the VIP bar were you?? wink.gif See you Friday @ Liquid.

• CTW Members

Yeah, was a really good night, despite Nick's problems with the guestlist. undecided.gif Not that that's unusual in my experience at Ministry.

Got in after queuing for about half an hour, which was a bit much considering the paying queue was shorter. As Nick said, bumped into Guy in the queue and never saw him again!

Junior Jack and Kid Creme were awesome, the atmoshpere was electric by the time they finished.

Stayed til about 4:30, and then a combination of tiredness, irritating people and frustration at being surrounded by gorgeous women and not being able to do anything about it meant it was home time.

It's a shame this event was at Ministry as I reckon it would have been so much better somewhere with a better crowd and less tourists. thumbsdown.gif

Fred The Baddie